What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ThermoSpas Hot Springs Sundance?  (Read 7058 times)

currytoys

ThermoSpas Hot Springs Sundance?
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:29:39 pm »
I am looking to buy a hot tub (2 to 3 person) for my screened in porch. Today I looked at the Hot Springs JetSetter $7,000 (too small) and then I looked at the Hot Spot (Made by Hot Springs) SX and it looks fairly reasonable at $5195 Delivery Included. This HotSpot SX model can fit 4 people which is a real plus. I was told that if I went with any of the Hot Springs Hot Tubs, that they can be upgraded to the Salt Solution instead of the regular Chorine Solution set up for an extra fee. I don't know what the benefit of the salt set up is? This option isn't available in the Hot Spot Series just the Hot Springs Models.
My next plan is to check out the SunDance Models and then ThermoSpa's is coming over to my house next weekend to show me what they offer. I am a little leary of ThermoSpas though because they don't have a showroom and I was told that getting parts & service for these could be an issue.
Any guidance & info/input would be most appreciated!
Thank you,
Sandy in St. Louis, MO

Hot Tub Forum

ThermoSpas Hot Springs Sundance?
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:29:39 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: ThermoSpas Hot Springs Sundance?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »
If a Thermospas rep was coming to my house for a presentation I'd make sure I wasn't home.

Hot Springs and Sundance are very high on my personal list of the better spas out there. Thermospas is on another list entirely.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

currytoys

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »
I've been reading this forum for over an hour and I am going to cancel my ThermoSpas Appointment...Yikes!!! Hot Springs, SunDance...and am going to look at Caldara tomorrow after work. I have a feeling that I will probably go with Hot Springs. My other question is salt or chorine? I have VERY sensitive skin and have tattoo's and am thinking that maybe the salt solution would be better?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »
Here is some pertinent information which might help you during the shopping process:

http://thermospa.pissedconsumer.com/30/0.html

Termie
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

currytoys

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:06 pm »
I'm convinced...THANK YOU!!! No ThermoSpa for me!!!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:52:49 pm »
currytoys,
Glad to hear your not going to look at the Thermospas, It is good to look at the top tier spas, D1, Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, ,,, they all great brands,, but yes the brands you are checking out a very reputable..sorry not a fan of the salt systems, have customers with them. and have had a lot of issues,, But if a company has done a good job with it Hot Springs would be it,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

currytoys

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with HotSprings...the Jetsetter Model for 2 to 3 people. My only issue right now is whether to upgrade it to the salt for $300 additional--they are running a Special. Salt convertion is usually around $1,000, so I need to make my mind up about that. They said that people are 50/50 about the chorine vs. salt. Some people want salt and some people just get the chorine unit and this unit comes with a built in ozonier. That is the only thing that I am questioned about. I tend to lean more towards the salt but I am SO green about this topic and need to learn a little more before making the final decision. Many thanks! Sandy...

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »
I like the chlorine system over the salt generator( which turns into a chlorine....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42