What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clean tub, new cover!!  (Read 2654 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Clean tub, new cover!!
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »
Finally a nice day to clean out my tub and put my new cover on.  I picked a different color cover and it really looks nice. We even shined it up with 303 spray.

I also ordered a spa blanket from my dealer. It is nice and thick but you have to connect two sections together with tie wraps through grommets.  I think next time I will order from Doc.  His spa blankets are fused.  And while they are not as thick, that seam in the center makes me think it will not be as effective as my old one. I like to try new things, so now I know. I really wonder how those grommets are going to hold up in the tub... :(

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Clean tub, new cover!!
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: Clean tub, new cover!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:55 pm »
Bonni,
I'm in the market for a new cover for my Marquis Spa - I wondered why you did not choose a cover from Robert's Hot Tubs?  Also - since I'll be measuring my tub for my replacement cover - any suggestions how to figure out the curved corners?  I'm trying to figure out how to get the best fit. Do you think if I told (who ever I order from) that I'm ordering for a Marquis Quest model - that they would know the right 'template'??

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:35 pm »
I was very happy with my first cover and that is why I went back to my dealer. I really didn't want the hassle of measuring and then worrying if I measured perfectly.  I also was concerned about how to get my old cover off the lifter and the new one on without messing up the lifter. The technician at my dealer's walked me through it. I know that if there are any warranty issues, I will also have dealer support. So maybe I am paying more for all of that, but it was worth it to me.

Lots of people on here have had great success ordering on line. Maybe Doc will chime in and tell you if they have specific templates that will guarantee you a perfect fit.  I am sure you can save money that way...

Just curious..how old is your current cover and do you know who makes it?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:22:29 pm »
My current cover came with the spa when we purchased it in January of 2006 - that makes it 5 years old.  It is a 'Marquis' spa cover - i.e. -the one supplied by the manufacturor - I don't know who actually makes it. 

I know it is time to replace it due to the increasing weight and the deterioration of the interior surface material - incrasing mildew growth and the hinge is pretty far gone at this point.  I am hopeing to have the new cover in place before the lifter I have 'gives out' from lifting the weight of the 'old' one.

I sincerely hope that I can find an online source - I don't have a convenient, reliable, source locally. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:06:54 am »
Bonni,
I'm in the market for a new cover for my Marquis Spa - I wondered why you did not choose a cover from Robert's Hot Tubs?  Also - since I'll be measuring my tub for my replacement cover - any suggestions how to figure out the curved corners?  I'm trying to figure out how to get the best fit. Do you think if I told (who ever I order from) that I'm ordering for a Marquis Quest model - that they would know the right 'template'??

Have you read the measuring instructions on their website. I thought they were very helpful.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:06:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42