What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying a new Hot tub-Live in Amarillo,Tx  (Read 3948 times)

larrysamarillo

Buying a new Hot tub-Live in Amarillo,Tx
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:03:01 am »
I am an ex owner of a Caldera Spa,but sold it when I moved from Georgia,The closest Caldera dealer is approx 300 miles in New Mexico, but there are other dealers in town,that sell,Hot Springs (also a Caldera),Sundance Spas,Deminsion,and Artesian Spas.After listening to all the bull from the sales people,I am more confused than ever,I liked the Caldera,but had small issues,but we worked thru it,I am going to be putting it outside,so I will be using it all year round,so I am looking for a Manufacture that has the best overall package,best shell,best insolation,pumps,ozonation,etc.2nd question-I used Bromide in Georgia,and quite familiar with it,but some dealers,didn't question using the Bromide,but one dealer said that in Amarillo,since it water has low ph that Clorine grandulars were the best,all I know from Clorine is that if not admistered correctly it can burn your skin.
I am looking forward to valueable imput for fellow spa owners.

Hot Tub Forum

Buying a new Hot tub-Live in Amarillo,Tx
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:03:01 am »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Buying a new Hot tub-Live in Amarillo,Tx
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »
larry,
These spas are on my shortlist:D1 , Sundance, Hot Springs, Caldera, Artesian is also a good brand, For a best overall package from manufacturer these are all top brands, they are pretty equal , as for a package, ( steps ,lifter, chemicals, etc... is usually up to the dealer they usually are not made by spa manufacturers. Best shell shells are made by Aristech and Lucite, with the exception on the Ultralife on the D1 and the Endurol on Hot Springs, And all these brands use the 2 acrylics brands i mentioned. One thing i would not get to involved with on the shells is the thickness of the shells they are all over the place, some use fiberglass to back it and hav a bonding agent in between to keep from delaminating, some use a plastic based backing. you will find the warranties are almost equal,on the acrylics, the Ultralife is longer, ask your dealer on the ultralife to explain the diffences, Best isolation most of these will have a compartment with the low amp 24 hour circ pumps, some of these have snubbers on the base of the pump to reduce vibration noise, again toss up there. Ozone all pretty close Check out the Ultrapure water management system on the D1, its not just your typical plug in and short tube to the made vessel of water,,, they off gs in the pump compartment, still injects ozone in the tub while your using it and is approved to do that. I am not a fan personally of bromine tabs, i like the chlorine, less maitenance issues on the spa... in my own tub i am on a well , and i use chlorine with the ultrapure sysytem and Vision mineral cartridge, i can hardly smell it....remember while looking buy from a dealer that you trust, and are comfortable with the company, You might check out Spasearch.org , check to see if the brands has earned the independent audit for a certified manufacturer, as well as a certified spa dealer...good luck
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

sstrahan7@msn.com

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:34:39 am »
efj- What is the ultrapure system?

larrysamarillo

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 06:07:50 am »
larry,
These spas are on my shortlist:D1 , Sundance, Hot Springs, Caldera, Artesian is also a good brand, For a best overall package from manufacturer these are all top brands, they are pretty equal , as for a package, ( steps ,lifter, chemicals, etc... is usually up to the dealer they usually are not made by spa manufacturers. Best shell shells are made by Aristech and Lucite, with the exception on the Ultralife on the D1 and the Endurol on Hot Springs, And all these brands use the 2 acrylics brands i mentioned. One thing i would not get to involved with on the shells is the thickness of the shells they are all over the place, some use fiberglass to back it and hav a bonding agent in between to keep from delaminating, some use a plastic based backing. you will find the warranties are almost equal,on the acrylics, the Ultralife is longer, ask your dealer on the ultralife to explain the diffences, Best isolation most of these will have a compartment with the low amp 24 hour circ pumps, some of these have snubbers on the base of the pump to reduce vibration noise, again toss up there. Ozone all pretty close Check out the Ultrapure water management system on the D1, its not just your typical plug in and short tube to the made vessel of water,,, they off gs in the pump compartment, still injects ozone in the tub while your using it and is approved to do that. I am not a fan personally of bromine tabs, i like the chlorine, less maitenance issues on the spa... in my own tub i am on a well , and i use chlorine with the ultrapure sysytem and Vision mineral cartridge, i can hardly smell it....remember while looking buy from a dealer that you trust, and are comfortable with the company, You might check out Spasearch.org , check to see if the brands has earned the independent audit for a certified manufacturer, as well as a certified spa dealer...good luck

Thank-you for your very imformative reply-you have steered me in the right direction

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »
larry ---no problem, if you have any questions let me know..

sstrahan, the Ultrapure is the D1 watermanagemt system, not your typical plug in ozone and shirt ozne life into the vessel, The Ultrapure is an ozone system that goes thru 3 chambers of ozone longer contact with the water. better scrubbing and polishing. also it does not offgas in to the main body of water, it offgases in the chamber, so it is one of the only ozone systems listed to inject into the main body of water while you are in the tub, when you need i the most.. also with the offgasing chamber, you will not prematurely take out your pillows and the bottom of the cover( with the exception on chemicals)... then it uses a mineral purifier to help reduce the amount of chemicals you are using, other benefits: you can go 6 months between drainings, uses the energy of the system to put back into heating the spa, also kills 99% of the bacteria in the hot tub. also supports a non profit organization with the purchases of the Vision cartridge,( Vision center for blind children) great cause..
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42