What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Info on these three brands please  (Read 5877 times)

neilpeart

Info on these three brands please
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:46:48 am »
Would you please give me your opinions/experiences with the following;

Baja tubs
Laguna tubs
http://www.spaguyusa.com/

Thanks!!

Hot Tub Forum

Info on these three brands please
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:46:48 am »

neilpeart

Re: Info on these three brands please
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:24:30 am »
Anybody going to help me here??

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:03:43 am »
Hello and welcome. It may take a little while to get a response.  I can tell you that most on here have experience with the name brand tubs that are serviced and sold by local dealers.
I am specifically talking about Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Caldera, Arctic, and I have missed a bunch, I know.  Since the tubs that you mention are not from these manufacturers, it might take a little longer to get your answer. That doesn't reflect at all on the quality of the tubs, rather the popularity on this site..I am sure you will hear something soon.. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

D1Dennis2009

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:08 am »
They are not in the same category as the top tier manufacturers, so I could say if they are good or bad. But I can tell you that you, will not find them mention in the same conversation with D1 Spas, Hotspring, Caldera or Jacuzzi. It really comes down to what their warranty says and how the wet test goes, I would also check into how long the dealer has carried the line.

neilpeart

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:15:07 am »
Thank you for the replies. I saw that you mentioned Caldera. There is a person in my community selling a 2006 Caldera Elation for $4000 on Craigslist. My wife and I would prefer to purchase new but I'm curious what you folks think about this deal? Thanks again.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:21 am »
You might consider taking a look at it..be sure it is up and running. Talk to the owner and you will probably be able to determine if they have attended to the tub and maintained the chemicals. You can ask about any repairs. I am sure when the techs on here chime in, they can alert you to the important things specific to this tub and what to look for in general with a used tub. If you can wet test the tub, that would be a big plus too
Support your dealer so they can support you!

neilpeart

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »
Yes, I'm hoping he has it up and running. We'll see.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »
Thank you for the replies. I saw that you mentioned Caldera. There is a person in my community selling a 2006 Caldera Elation for $4000 on Craigslist. My wife and I would prefer to purchase new but I'm curious what you folks think about this deal? Thanks again.

Hopefully its in good shape and you can see it running but its 5 years old so I doubt they can get $4k for it. Check it out and if you like it counter offer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

neilpeart

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:29 pm »
I just found out it is running. We're going to check it out this weekend. I've heard goods things so far about the Caldera's.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:36:19 am »

That may be a decent value, but given the economy and it seems with big purchases like this some people buy and find its not for them, I'm guessing you could make an offer less than this and perhaps they would accept it. (after checking out it's condition and finding its in good shape)   I would buy new if I was in the market again, but there are great deals to be had for used tubs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

neilpeart

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:21:17 pm »
We checked out the Caldera today. Decent spa but we are going to continue looking. Can anyone tell me what the lowdown is on Baja spa's?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »
One of the original hot tub companies.  Regional based in AZ.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

neilpeart

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:13 pm »
How much should I expect to pay for a new 2009 Baja WWXS1067?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42