What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking to buy a used 2007 Jacuzzi J-270! What should I pay?  (Read 11964 times)

krader

Looking to buy a used 2007 Jacuzzi J-270! What should I pay?
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:42:45 pm »
My fiance and I really want a hot tub. We have been looking for something affordable and easy to maintain. We found a 2007 Jacuzzi J-270 on Craigslist. It seems to be in great condition and has LED lights and a built in stereo. The asking price is $2500. Is this a reasonale price? Is this s decent hot tub? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!! ???

Hot Tub Forum

Looking to buy a used 2007 Jacuzzi J-270! What should I pay?
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:42:45 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Looking to buy a used 2007 Jacuzzi J-270! What should I pay?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »
That should be a decent price as long as everything is working.  The 200 series has fewer "bells and whistles" so it sold for less originally but that was probably still a $6K tub when new and 50% of new price is usually a good deal.  I think the 200 series is also still under warranty (at lease some parts of it should be 7 years).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:16:24 pm »
That should be a decent price as long as everything is working.  The 200 series has fewer "bells and whistles" so it sold for less originally but that was probably still a $6K tub when new and 50% of new price is usually a good deal.  I think the 200 series is also still under warranty (at lease some parts of it should be 7 years).

The warranty does not transfer. I'd say the value for that being 3 yrs old (and assuming its in good operating condition like a spa that age should be) would be roughly 40% of the intial price. At some point I'd get the serial number and verify its age with a jacuzzi dealer if they are not able to show the sales receipt since people selling on Craigslist aren't always super accurate with their facts.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:59:51 pm »
When you buy a used hot tub from Craig's List, you may be buying someone else's problems. How has the tub been maintained.  Unknowable.  What is the condition of the plumbing?  Unknown.  How sanitary is it? :P

If that is your budget, see if you can find a pre-owned spa form a dealer that has been checked out and cleaned up.  Dealers often put a warranty on their pre-owned spas.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »
My fiance and I really want a hot tub. We have been looking for something affordable and easy to maintain. We found a 2007 Jacuzzi J-270 on Craigslist. It seems to be in great condition and has LED lights and a built in stereo. The asking price is $2500. Is this a reasonale price? Is this s decent hot tub? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!! ???

With lights and stereo new in 2007 was probably close to 6500.00 or so, so if it's in good shape and is up and running that's a very good price, I would be tempted even if it wasn't running. For me it would be worth fixing.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »

With lights and stereo new in 2007 was probably close to 6500.00 or so, so if it's in good shape and is up and running that's a very good price, I would be tempted even if it wasn't running. For me it would be worth fixing.

It may be a good deal on paper but no matter how good it looked I persoanlly wouldn't buy it if I didn't see it filled with water and up to temperature. Used spas are a good way to get a good deal but there are also people who want to unload their problems, make sure its in full running condition and ignore stories about how "it worked fine before I unhooked it". IMO its not worth the risk if you have to to assume it doesn't have issues.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

krader

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:35:11 pm »
Thank you all so much for your help! This will really help us make a decision. We are going to look at the tub while it is running this weekend!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:35:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42