What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with Beachcomber Hot Tub  (Read 10403 times)

Hottubbliss

Problems with Beachcomber Hot Tub
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:19 am »
I recently purchased a Beachcomber hot tub and I must say that I am not sure I would do it again.
1. the motor is noisy 24/7, I can hear it from the bedroom upstairs if the window if open
2. even though only one or two people use it, after showering, the water is not totally clear. I use bromine (once a week), test pH every 3 days and adjust if necessary, wash the filter every two weeks so now I am starting to question the quality of the filtering system. The hot tub is always covered.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Problems with Beachcomber Hot Tub
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:19 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Problems with Beachcomber Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:09 am »
Using bromine once a week depending on how much you use it could be your problem. Maybe you should try more sanitizer? After each use?
Retired

Hottubbliss

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:48:44 pm »
More than once a week? It is a fairly small hot tub, 900 liters of water and only one to two people use it after showering, for about 20 minutes.

clover

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »
I am not sure of what you are expecting.  Right now you are faulting the water conditions.  Have you any idea what comes out of every orifice of your body when you raise the temperature from 98.6° up to 104°?  This is why your water is cloudy.

It is not the filtration system, but your water chemistry.  I would suggest an ozonator, and or, a better sanitation routine, like Di-chlor after each use.

The EQ area is noisy, maybe you could use some sound dampening, like insulation so it absorbs sound and doesn't radiate the sound.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:14:33 pm »
A Beachcomber filters fine with the standard 25sqft filter when water chemistry is done properly. Granular Bromine once a week is not sufficient since it would get used up after the first or second usage after. You also need to an oxidizer to get rid of all of the byproduct as well preferably MPS. Read up and educate yourself on water care for your tub. Regarding the noise, is your tub on a wood deck or slab? Wood resonates and amplifies sound. Do you have a BOP tub(pump inside) or Protec system (under step). If its a BOP check to see if the pump is tightened properly on the mounts, if it is you may have to add some neoprene to the mount to help deadened the sound. Protec you will need to check the same. Now if its on a deck you'll have to line the equipment pad with a sound deadening material to reduce the resonance amplification.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:55 pm »
You could always add some di-chlor chlorine after each use to help your bromine along. 

Pathfinder

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:28 am »
It would sound like there is a malfunction with the keypad. Either the keypad has moisture in it to where it has shorted out or there is moisture in on the plug receptacle where the keypad plugs into the main circuit board that will cause these problems. You should use your warranty for that.

HUH? Are you sure you have the right thread?  This is a thread on water quality & noise as 95% of Beachcombers sold have an Aquaflo circ pump designed to run 24/7

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42