What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Lifter Broke - Need New Cover too  (Read 3209 times)

buck24

Hot Tub Lifter Broke - Need New Cover too
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »
Hi Everyone - our tub is a little over 4 years old.  Today when we opened it, they metal tubes on either side of the hydraulic cover lifter snapped right in half.  The cover is extremely heavy (water logged) and knew that we would need a new one soon.  Anyway, any suggestions on where we can buy a good cover for a reasonable price?  We are undecided on what kind of lifter we should get....if any.....thoughts?
Thanks for the help.  It's been a couple of years since I've been on the forum....I even forgot my password, etc so I re-registered.  I think my old name was Bohms...?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Lifter Broke - Need New Cover too
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Hot Tub Lifter Broke - Need New Cover too
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:49:31 pm »
I would contact your local dealer, depending on were you are located your dealer may actually have a better price,  also better customer service, if there is an issue with the parts you buy you have somenone local to talk to....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

buck24

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:59 pm »
Our dealer is horrible....extremely unresponsive.  Unfortunately we found that out after we bought the tub!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:59:11 pm »
And if I remember you are a Giant's fan???right?...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:27:41 pm »
buck24
How about another spa dealer in town, you do not have to buy a cover from  the dealer who sell s your brand, We order spa covers all the time from other brands ordered through a cover maker, also same for the lift, Right now just like us we like to see customers coming into our store that did not buy their spa from us, we hope we take of that customer as well referals go a long way....

Bonibelle ya lost me on that one Giants fan who me?   Rams fan here. and i am in the state os the Seachickens........
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »
Sorry, I think I remember Bohms being a Giant's fan...From the 2007 Super-bowl.  We'll see if my memory is shot!

I guess I can give a couple of suggestions for the future...

My cover lifter is beginning to show a bit of rust, but I have always been diligent about oiling the moving parts of the lifter. My cover is over 5 years old and the only real issue is that it is beginning to tear a bit where the cover lifter tubes thread under the center of the cover. My dealer suggested Gorilla Duct Tape. So it's not beautiful, but it really worked!

My cover is not at all waterlogged ...I guess I should say YET, but I believe that is because I use a spa blanket that protects the cover from chemical degradation and the water and steam. A bit of a pain to take off and on, but it does the job!

I would also check for another dealer locally ...if nothing else so you can see the type of cover lifter that you are interested in person. Several members on here have had great luck with on line purchases.   

buck24

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:01:04 am »
YES Boni!!  I am a Giants fan....great memory!!!  :)  What a crappy way to end the season. :(  Hope you're doing well.
Thx for the tips everyone.....going to look into either going to a dealer nearby or possibly ordering online.  For now we will flip it off each time and put it on the ground....totally annoying!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 07:03:01 pm »
See...I have missed you!!  Next cover..try that spa blanket..I honestly believe it makes a big difference!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:36:24 am by Bonibelle »

buck24

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:07 am »
I just might do that!  Thank you!  I missed you guys too.  I see a bunch of familiar names...nice to see that most are still here.  Is Term on here from East TX spa still?  And what about the younger guy who had the Jacuzzi?  I didn't see them...

buck24

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:55 am »
Also...which online spa stores are reputable?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42