What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Design........Thoughts???  (Read 10262 times)

Pathfinder

New Design........Thoughts???
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:51 pm »
This came across in a Twitter feed from Gib-San a Jacuzzi dealer in Southern Ont. Its an interesting design IMO.
Any Thoughts folks?? JJ you have anymore info that you are allowed to share with us.

Hot Tub Forum

New Design........Thoughts???
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Design........Thoughts???
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:37:46 pm »
 They have not told us much about that series yet, they are taking orders but I doubt anyone is jumping on the band wagon till we here more about it.    Personally I think it's BUTT ugly!  Sorry I am an honest guy.

That filter skimmer looks like the front end on a 50s car.   I won't discuss the price range yet, lets just say it's not what I believe most Jacuzzi dealers were looking for  ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 07:33:28 am »
Hmm, new flat surface for added benefits? Such as?  Underwater diverter?  I could see it looking ok in some scenarios.  I'll look forward to seeing one.  On that note, anyone still here from All Seasons? Let me know so I can come in an look.   I'm slow to respond to change, so I'll reserve my opinion for awhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:07:12 am »
They have not told us much about that series yet, they are taking orders but I doubt anyone is jumping on the band wagon till we here more about it.    Personally I think it's BUTT ugly!  Sorry I am an honest guy.

That filter skimmer looks like the front end on a 50s car.   I won't discuss the price range yet, lets just say it's not what I believe most Jacuzzi dealers were looking for  ::)

My thought as well JJ. Maybe it will have more appeal in person but that looks fugly to me. Of course I'm used to the traditional look but spas look so nice nowadays that this pales in comparison IMO. Sometimes being "different" can be great since there is often a lot of duplication but in this case...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:39:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:24 pm »
As mentioned I see it having a place for certain consumers who want something different & without having to pay a carpenter extra to obtain that look. I dont think they should have move the filters to the corner. I completely agree the new filter grill is ugly it very closely resembles my de-humidifier in my basement. Now Im guessing in the second bottom pic those are adjustable headrests.

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »
I would have to agree with JJ. That might be one of the ugliest spas I have ever seen. No hard feelings, just stating my opinion since Andrew asked for it. I wouldn't want one of those on my sales floors. But, I am sure there would be certain types of people that would like it, but I cant imagine many would. Be curious to see more about it once it it released.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Jet Sitter

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
I am betting that it will look much better in person.  Too bad they have to give up a corner seat for the filtration - hope it is easier to clean around the edges of the filter area than it looks.  Curious what drove the need for an underwater diverter, guess they are trying to not have anything on top maybe.  Gotta love more flat surface and the associated added benefits though...

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 06:52:17 pm »
Well, it's different.  I'll give Jacuzzi that.  I don't think it looks horrible, though.  A lot of times, a look grows on folks.  Sometimes when new car models come out, we think they are ugly, but they grow on us over time.  OF course, some don't.

I assume Jacuzzi will be in Atlantic City.  I'll be looking forward to seeing it there.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mjb

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:09:19 pm »
Bill,
Back at All Seasons.  Still checking in now and again.
We may not be ordering one of these until closer
to spring as we still have some '10 inventory on hand.
MB

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:00 pm »
Bill,
Back at All Seasons.  Still checking in now and again.
We may not be ordering one of these until closer
to spring as we still have some '10 inventory on hand.
MB

Good to hear from you Mike, though I have to question your sense coming back to Ohio in January  ;)  I'll say hi when I come in for chemicals in the near future.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »
I guess Sundance is putting out similar models too. The local Sundance dealer had a small ad in the weekend paper with pretty identical pics.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:55 am »
While I'm not a fan of the look it may have a place. Is this more of a mid-line product, like in the $6k or $7k range?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:08:36 am »
Not from what I have heard.  Can anyone confirm?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 02:13:59 pm »
 Much higher from what I have heard  ::)  Like I mentioned it's not what we were looking from Jacuzzi but I guess it's what we get.  :'(

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:48 pm »
i would also say that is pretty ugly, I wonder if they are trying to compete with D1's new elemental spas, basically just a soaking tub, but not cheap....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 04:42:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42