What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement covers...........  (Read 2312 times)

JB1SNOWMAN

Replacement covers...........
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »
So I'm down to 2 choices with whom to do business with on the new cover. It's between RH tubs and Spamart.From what I've read on here,both companies seem pretty good.

Spa mart is offering a small percentage discount right now and I like their standard cover with a 5-3" thick taper for $310 but I wish it was made of 1.5#foam instead. I also wish it had the continous hinge seal like the RHtubs one does.

On the other hand, the RHtubs cover has the 1.5# foam and the hinge seal but is only a 4-2" taper and cost a little more $ with no discounts.

I need to make up my mind here soon.......Can anybody with experience with these two companies and hot tub covers in general shed some light on this for me? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement covers...........
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Replacement covers...........
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:27:14 pm »
Good question. I'm guessing the 4-2 with 1.5# density is probably similar to the 5-3 with 1.0# but I think the hinge seal can make enough of a differnce for it to be the tiebreaker for me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:30:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:38:10 pm »
We do offer 1.25# instead of 1.5# or 1.0#.  We see it as a compromise between the two so we don't have to stock as many foam specs.  For the record, RHTubs makes fabulous spa covers.  I am quite familiar with their product and it's top notch.  Doc and his business partner are very good friends of mine.  I think you'll be happy with a cover from either one of our companies.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:38:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42