What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber 360 hybrid. Burn circuit board connector  (Read 13777 times)

RobertB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Beachcomber 360 hybrid. Burn circuit board connector
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 11:28:48 pm »
From the thread, this is a Balboa board. I can tell you that Balboa is a horrible company to deal with, and my spa dealer says the same thing. They have some good technology, but some significent weak points in the execution of their designs. One such place is their connectors on their circuit boards. They are FAILURE PRONE - especially the connection where they use copper bands to go from the board to the heater. You must torque them to 30-35 in-lbs, and even then they are failure prone. And good luck getting any help from the stealer (dealer). They will pass the buck, and you will be dealing with Balboa. And they will spend any amount of time and money to keep from taking care of you in any way.

Just say NO to any products made by Balboa Water group. Stay away from any hot tubs made with their boards. Good technology, poorly executed, badly supported.

Hmmm.. 
You started an account to resurrect an old thread where the OP was taken care of by both the dealer and manufacturer to "warn" people about Balboa. Did I mention the OP was taken care of and made happy.
May I ask what equipment manufacturer you prefer?
And what did Balboa do to you to upset you in such a way?

I've been working on spas for 16 Years and have had both good and bad experiences with just about every major manufacturer. Balboa is no better or worse than most.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Beachcomber 360 hybrid. Burn circuit board connector
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 11:28:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42