What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 'FLO' PROBLEM on 2004 Sundance Altamar hottub... please help!!!  (Read 8981 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
'FLO' PROBLEM on 2004 Sundance Altamar hottub... please help!!!
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »
So about 2 weeks ago I started having the following problem...

I have a 2004 Sundance Altamar inside my house, running dichlor.
My circ pump is set to run 24 hours a day, I keep it in 'standard' mode and I keep the water temp set at 100 degrees.

My filter cycle runs 4 times a day for 30 minutes each time.

Now my issue, recently I have been going to use the hottub and it is NOT up to temp, and on the display I see flashing 'FLO'.  So looking into the manual it says that 'FLO' means there is a problem with the circulation pump or something I think..  when the 'FLO' is flashing the heater is NOT on so the water does NOT stay up to temp.

Now, the ONLY way to get the heater to turn on is by turning on Jet #1... as soon as I turn on Jet #1 then the heater icon comes lite and I can feel hot water coming into the tub from the heater.  When the Jet #1 is on, the display does NOT show 'FLO' anymore.

So how do I go about fixing this?  is there a way to reset the tub computer such as disconnecting power for a certain amount of time, etc.?  I don't see why all of a sudden this 'FLO' problem would have started happening anyhow?  my tub is inside and always has been, never had any issues.

Hot Tub Forum

'FLO' PROBLEM on 2004 Sundance Altamar hottub... please help!!!
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 'FLO' PROBLEM on 2004 Sundance Altamar hottub... please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »
 Buy a new filter would be my guess!!    Remove the circ pump filter completly and see if it comes on my guess is it will.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »
which filter are you talking about?  I only have the filter under the lid on the hottub.. it's a 2-piece filter, one side is pleated and the other side is like a foam filter. 

But I don't think these are the filters that would affect the circ pump right?  if no, is there another filter someplace like behind the wooden panel that I need to remove to get to?

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 04:00:35 pm »
pull your filter, see if the flo goes away, if it does it is time to replace the filter, both parts,,,, if that does not change the FLO code , it could be your pressure switch, most likely a reed style, you should be able to see it , it is clear, you may have junk on it,,,, if not possibly issue with circ pump.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »
okay... where do I find the pressure switch?

also, another thing I noticed is that sometimes the tube goes into overheat mode and flashes "OH"... and the set temp is only within 2 degrees of the current temp... and when the 'OH' is flashing it seems that my heater stays running and then the water gets SUPER HOT... so I have to disconnect the breaker from the electrical box to totally shut down the tub for some time to let the water cool back down...

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:38 pm »
pressure switch is located in the equipment area, pretty much hits you right in the face, it looks like a t . its clear with a little flapper inside of it...i would check the filter.......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17:04 am »
I had the FLO come on my Jacuzzi J-470 after a fresh fill and it was an air pocket. I had one a while back and I bought a new filter and it went away.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:42 am »
You have a bad circulation pump.  If the flow switch was bad, it would not correct itself when the 2 speed pump is on. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42