What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dover vs. Camden--please help  (Read 3181 times)

bobwinfl

Dover vs. Camden--please help
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:23:35 pm »
Hello again,
I am considering a small spa for my wife and I.  During the dry test, I really liked the fit and feel of the Sundance Dover seats, but it is so small.  Would anyone happen to know if the seats in the Camden are the same size and angles as the Dover?  I just can't tell from the brochure and website images.  Space for one or two more people would definately be a plus.

One thing I'm not sure I liked about the Dover and Capri is that it almost felt like I was sitting on the floor because they are so low.  Are there any issues with getting in/out of a short tub?  I'm thinking I might like a deeper tub with higher seats but similiar layout. 

Is there anything particular you really like or don't like about your Dover or Camden?  All responses would be appreciated.

Thank you
Bob

Hot Tub Forum

Dover vs. Camden--please help
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:23:35 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Dover vs. Camden--please help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:45:36 pm »
your rught the Dover is shorter and you feel like you are sitting on the ground. the reason for being short if someone wants to install in a sunroom , porch and is esticted by getting thru the door.The Dover is physically smaller in  size 2 people comfortably, 3 crowded or cozy. the Camden i a 4 bucket seat design , no semi lounger like the Dover.i would say comfortable 4 cozy 4,Your Dover is 110/220 and the Camden is 220 only. and a 5.5 k.w heater versus the Dover is a 1 k.w or 4 k.w  heater. as for getting in and out of the spas, as you get older it is going to get a little tougher to get out, Getting in all you need to do is sit on the lip and swing your legs over...As for the seating  when you are looking at the spas on the brochure the Camden upper left will be similiar to the lower right corner seat in the Dover. the angle of the seats the Dover in the right 2 seats you are facing each other, look at the Camden the upper left you are siiting in the corner legs go at 45 angle across the spa the upper right and loer left go straight across, the lower right also angles in ,,, possible plying footsies..
Both are very good spas. but you are right not as deep as the rest of there line, i like the deeper seats myself, like spas that are 36" or 40 " tall then your not sitting on the ground, you might have to look at other brands to get that in a smaller tub. hope this helps you out.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

bobwinfl

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:53:03 am »
 Thanks for the info ejf The Spa Guy, I think my dealer had the Camden full of water and that is why it didn't look familiar to me when I saw it in the brochure.  The Dover seating seemed to fit us well (dry), so if the Camden seats are about the same depth/angle and all it may be a good option for us.  I'll have to see if we can wet test.  I'm going to put it in a space that is 8' x 8' and I want to make sure I have enough room to get around it to clean, change filters and open the sliding windows for ventilation.  Speaking of ventilation, I just had an insulation expert come over to evaluate my house and when I told him I was going to place a spa in that porch, he said that I would have a world of problems with the extra heat and humidity that a tub puts off unless I installed a secondary air conditioner for that space.  Do you have thoughts about how much a small tub will affect a small enclosed porch?  Thanks for the info.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »
I have not heard of putting in an air conditioner in a space like that, we have had customers put in fan vents .......hope this helps

bobwinfl

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:16:31 pm »
That's what I thought, I think he was just trying to sell us an air conditioner.  We already have a ceiling fan and 4 good size sliding windows will open for ventilation.  If it raises the temp a few degrees it's no big deal.  Before we had A/C ducts run to that room it would get around 120 if the windows stayed closed.  Thanks again.

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 11:46:48 pm »
I think the A/C guy was pointing out that you might have issues due to the humidity the spa will let off.  The key is getting the bad air out of the area.  Just having an A/C doesn't necessarily accomplish that.  You still have to get rid of the bad air.

I deal with a lot of large indoor pools.  Many of the facilities have issues even though they air condition the pool area.  The facilities with issues re-circulate the air.  They get rid of the humidity, but they leave the chloramines in the air.  Chloramines are what causes the issues in these facilities. 

It is similar in an enclosed room with a spa.  Just be sure to pull out the bad air and you should be fine.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:24:09 pm »
well put Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:24:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42