What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Olympic Hot Tub Seattle - pricing  (Read 4589 times)

sixarm

Olympic Hot Tub Seattle - pricing
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:12:15 pm »
I'm considering a new hot tub and have been talking to a few dealers in Seattle, WA.  I'm curious if anyone has had experience with some "wiggle-room" with Olympic Hot Tub's pricing.  I'm considering the HotSpring Sovereign.  Any idea what to expect as a good price?

Thanks from this first time buyer!

Hot Tub Forum

Olympic Hot Tub Seattle - pricing
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:12:15 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Olympic Hot Tub Seattle - pricing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »
Don't know about wiggle room, but you are considering a great spa from a great dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:51 pm »
When I first began looking at tubs a few years back, one of the the first places I went was Olympic Hot Tubs in Seattle.  They are an excellent dealer with a good reputation and they sell a quality line - Hot Springs.  They have many spas wet on the floor, ready for testing, or at least they did when I visited their store just west of Lake Union.  I went in thinking Hot Spring Grandee or Vanguard (didn't want a lounger) but the model I liked best was the Tiger River Caspian, which had decent foot jetting.  The Grandee and Vanguard did not fit us right and I was underwhelmed by the moto-massage.  Now to your question.

I found the prices to be much higher than others were reporting elsewhere.  I understand that prices vary around the country and it is misleading to think that just because a spa goes for X$ in one place it will sell for that elsewhere but the prices were quite a bit higher and I found that competing spa lines in the Seattle area were a better value, at that time.  In particular, the price of the 2nd line Tiger River Caspian was significantly higher than a D1 Nautilus (which I came very close to buying) which seemed absurd.  One the other hand, since that time I know that one dealer of a major line went out of business - who knows why - but Olympic has been around a long time although they carried a different line in the past.  In my experience both Olympic and Aquaquip (which sells Jacuzzi, Sundance and Nordic) are well established, dealers with multiple stores and they charge a premium price.  You'll get good service, but you will not get a bargain.  In answer to your question - I did not find that either one moved very much on price for me.  This is good and fair, but it would be great if the price was a little more competitive.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42