What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance experts -- new diverter valves?  (Read 3228 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Sundance experts -- new diverter valves?
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:15 pm »
The diverter valves in my 2006 Sundance Optima have given me trouble almost from day one.  The trouble is this -- the plastic diverter itself keeps getting scored (I'm assuming from dirt) which causes them to become almost impossible to turn when the pumps are on.

To remedy the problem I've removed the valves several times and smoothed them over with sandpaper.  This works great, but after a few weeks they're back to being hard to turn.

Obviously the best solution is to ensure there is NO dirt whatsoever in my tub, but that's just not going to happen. :)  So, other than turning off the pumps every time I want to adjust the diverter are there any other solutions?  Is there an "upgraded" diverter I can buy that would be less prone to scoring?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance experts -- new diverter valves?
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:15 pm »

clover

Re: Sundance experts -- new diverter valves?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:47:46 pm »
The problem you are experiencing is related to Pump 2 diverter valve.  The scoring is from dirt, sand, or cinders including shingle cinders from your roof.  They are picked up by bare feet approaching the spa.  The dirt is going into the tub on the bottom or your feet and settles in the foot well.  Pump 2 is NOT filtered and is picking up what settles on the floor of the spa and is sent through the diverter system. 

It appears you are aware of HOW to clean the diverter, now if you can only control what is being introduced into your spa.  I would suggest a rug or towel placed on the top of the entry steps, the last thing the feet touch.  The problem is on the bottom of the feet, especially wet feet.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »
pg rider,

The diverter valve for pump 2 does not work with the filtration system. The bottom suctions in your spa at one time had "socks" on them from the factory. These socks are designed to prevent dirt and grit from getting into the diverter of pump #2.
Go to your Sundance dealer and purchase 2 of the drain cover filters, we call them socks, the item # is 6540-213.
That will rid you of the diverter issue you're having.

Hottubber1 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42