What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2 refills  (Read 4046 times)

Doggier

Nature 2 refills
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:45 pm »
I'm using the Nature 2 system called SunPurity that is packaged specifically for Sundance Spas. Now that I've sorted out the best way to use the product I am very happy with it.

Here is my issue. The dealer sells the cartridges at a price of 35.00 each. This is a 3-4 month cartridge. I would like to find a more economical alternative. I would like to be able to purchase the minerals in bulk (2-4 liters) and refill the cartridge as needed every 3-4 months. Is anyone aware of a vendor who sells Nature 2 in bulk?

FYI, the dealer in my town, like many dealers, had no idea how to use N2 correctly. I was told to use chlorine shock rather than non-chlorine shock (MPS). That was exactly wrong.

Here is what I believe to be the correct use of this product in my 7 person spa with ozonator:

- 1 N2 cartridge every 3-4 months (close to 4) with change of water.
- Maintain water temp > 100F (usually 103)
- MPS non-chlorine shock @ 3 tablespoons once/week (MPS reacts with the minerals to form an effective oxidizer)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated chlorine 2-5 minutes before each use of the tub.

When I fill my spa with fresh water I wait until it is up to temperature (> 100F). I usually give it another day then I adjust to the correct alkalinity using sodium bicarbonate (alk-up) purchased in bulk. In my area that takes approx 1 cup. Once the temp and alkalinity are correct, I place the N2 cartridge in the spa (there is a compartment that is made for it in the Sundance spa). After that I shock (MPS) once per week and adjust alkalinity as needed. I usually only need to adjust alkalinity one more time in a 4 month cycle.

This is a very low maintenance system. The water is clean, clear, and free of bubbles for the entire 4 month period. AND, I no longer get itchy from the bromine I used to use. By the way, I believe the reason I never get bubbles in my spa is that I rarely let anyone in wearing a bathing suite. The residual soap from the laundry that is left on suits is the biggest source of contamination and bubbles. Not to mention that is just feels better in the nude.

Cheers

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2 refills
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:45 pm »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Nature 2 refills
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:37:43 am »
There are many online retailers that sell the Sunpurity cartridge cheaper than 35.00.  Your recipe looks to be right on what we recommend to users of Nature2/Sunpurity/Freshwater AG cartridges.   The one thing to remember when using mineral cartridges is to remove it any time you are adding a metal sequestering agent like Leisure Time Metal Gon.  It will strip the metals right off the cartridge.

Doggier

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:30 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  In my location we have very soft water (lucky) so there is never a need to remove metals from the water. Indeed, if anything, the calcium is a bit on the low side. It is recommended that a small amount is added.  I have never been convinced that slightly low calcium has any negative effects on the bather or equipment so I do not add.

What do you feel is the most cost effective way to purchase N2?  I'm currently looking for a cartridge that gives the best value (lowest price per gram).  My intent is purchase the largest cartridge possible. To break open that cartridge and use the contents to fill the cartridge for my spa. Maybe there is one that is intended for a pool that is much better value.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »
Nature2 doesn't sell refills.  The cartridges are disposable.  If you're looking for the cheapest option, I would say your best bet is to buy a year or two's worth at a time as you can get them as low as $19 or so.

Nature2 makes the Hot Spring Freshwater AG, the Caldera Monarch, the Artesian one and the Sundance Sunpurity system as well as the D1 Vision cartridge.  The D1 cartridge has the highest concentration but is vastly more expensive due in large part to D1 enforcing high sales price points for its products.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:02 am »
Without testing your chlorine level, you are only HOPING your nature2/ozone/MPS are doing the job. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42