What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is my pump toast?  (Read 1996 times)

ninepointer

Is my pump toast?
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »
My late 1980's hot tub has been running fine (until now) on its original "Jet Pack" heater/pump system.  I recently filled up the tub and tried to start it (after sitting drained & idle since May).  But when I flicked the switch nothing happened except a faint electrical hum.  Then I noticed the pump housing getting warm, so I shut it off.  Seems like the pump might be seized.  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Is my pump toast?
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Is my pump toast?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:43 am »
Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little more about the make and model, as each has its tricks.  It sounds possibly (and I'm the least technically competent hot tub person around here) it could be an air lock.  If this was my tub, I would take the filters out and put the fill hose directly into the the vacant holes. My tub also has a relief valve that I could open while doing this and that would force air out of the lines.  Did you fill the tub this way, or just buy dropping the hose inside the main part of the tub?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Is my pump toast?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42