What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Certa vs Artesian Nevis  (Read 8096 times)

oldbones

Sundance Certa vs Artesian Nevis
« on: August 27, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
Hi All,
We recently wet tested a bunch of 2-3 person spas and decided that for those occasions that we might have others in the spa, to move up to a 5 person spa. Now the decision is between the Sundance Certa or Artesian Nevis. Problem is no dealer for miles around has the Nevis or model with similar lounger to test. We're going to Vegas where they're made and dealers there don't have one either. I really like the Nevis's features but my wife is in love with the Fluidix jets of the Certa. Anyone have experience with the Fluidix jets and if Artesian's jets will supply the same type of "massage therapy" as Sundance's? Artesian is a little less expensive. One dilemma, there is an authorized seller of one of the brands who is basically brokering the spa and undercutting the other "brick and mortar" dealer by a ton, but he is authorized. I want to support the B&M dealer but not sure he'll meet the other price.
Any input on any part of the above would be appreciated.
Thanks much all,
Oldbones

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Certa vs Artesian Nevis
« on: August 27, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
Re: Sundance Certa vs Artesian Nevis
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 04:54:55 pm »
Oldbones,

Wow, nice choice of spas. I own a Sundance spa and have owned numerous ones for over 25 years. I've also owned an Artesian as well.
I think either one would be good for you if you wet test them. You need to feel comfortable with the seating and the dealer.
I am a little biased to the Sundance line as I've been a dealer for almost 30 years. I think longevity goes to the Sundance brand. I am liking the fluidic jets as your wife does as well. No bearings all over the base of the hot tub if the calcium level is out of line. No moving parts on the jet to worry about.
It is truly important to have service support available down the road. Pay the price. It is not worth saving a few bucks, even hundreds, to get the spa of your dreams if when it fails, and most of them do at least once, you cannot get it serviced properly.
There, unfortunately are allot of cut-throat dealers around, but they won't be for long...

Hottubber 8)

oldbones

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:13:58 pm »
Thanks Hottubber. We did wet test the Certa and another Artesian model but with a different style lounger other than the Nevis. Those who don't wet test and buy sight unseen (Costco) may be really dissappointed. We'll probably go with the Sundance, but I'm still looking to wet test the Nevis somewhere just for comparison sakes. I know what you're talking about as far as service, but we're talking about a $1400 difference in price. YIKES!  :o
I'll keep you posted.

OB

dark rider

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:23:19 am »
oldbones, it's funny how different markets can be from one area to the next.  I wasn't looking at exactly the same models as you, but when I was recently shopping in the metro Atlanta area, the Artesian dealer was actually more expensive than the Sundance dealer for similarly equipped models.  Personally, I think Sundance is a notch above Artesian in build quality, but both are reputable brands.  My Sundance dealer actually pointed out the same thing that Hottubber1 did about the ball bearing jets, since he had a used Artesian on the floor that was traded in for that very issue.  Try to negotiate with the Sundance dealer, if that's the tub you like best.  If you can't get him down enough in price, let the wet test help you decide if it's worth the difference.   What other brands have you shopped?  Caldera, HotSpring (Limelight, HotSpot, and Tiger River), Marquis, and D1 are all also worth a look.

oldbones

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 04:57:23 pm »
Hey Dark Rider, good point about the ball bearings. We didn't like D1, Hot Springs or Caldera. Just didn't fit right or pushed us up and out of the loungers or jets didn't do the job we needed like the Sundance. No Marquis or Hot Spot, Tiger River or Limelight dealers in our area. Tested MAAX and Cooperage (used to be Coleman). Love the looks of Arctic Fox, Evolution Spas (Strong Spas) and some others but won't buy if we can't wet test. I was ready to plunk money down for a Costco spa but after doing first wet test, would never buy without testing. I'll post what I buy with pics. Sundance has blems they sell for about a grand less so I'm waiting on that list as well.

Oldbones

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:16 pm »
The Sundance salesperson is bringing up the ball bearings because he trained to do that but they're really not an issue (if they were no one would use jets with them).

Buy the Sundance because its the right spa for you, not because someone trying to make a sale has convinced you that the other guys jets are a problem.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42