What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gas heater for Hot Tub?  (Read 2751 times)

diverdon

Gas heater for Hot Tub?
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »
I appreciate all the help I got on the forum when I was buying my Hot Springs Envoy. I am promised delivery in three to four weeks.

I am considering how to heat the water in the tub. I gan get energy much more cheaply from natural Gas than I can get it from electric where I live. I wonder if any one has ever Installed a extra gas fired hotwater tank in their home and plumbed it into their hotub. I would really like to do that if it is possible.

I do understand that I would have to put something like a Taco pump in the loop and I would need to upgrade the temperature control on the hotwater tank. Does any one know of any web based information on how to make this happen?

Hot Tub Forum

Gas heater for Hot Tub?
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »

diverdon

Re: Gas heater for Hot Tub?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:33:37 pm »
Surely someone has some info (or at least a good idea) on how to use natural gas to heat a hot tub.

If not please don't hesitate to tell me why it is a dumb idea, you will not hurt my feelings and you may stop me from doing something dumb.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:53:07 pm »
Between the cost of the heater and installation, you'll never make up the cost in energy savings. It really only make sense to do on vacation homes that are infrequently used, and a fast heat up is desired.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:53:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42