What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!!! First time hot tub buyer.  (Read 11590 times)

scuba steve

Re: HELP!!! First time hot tub buyer.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:48 am »
Thanks for everyones help! decided to go with the caldera based on a combo of the product plus the quality of the local dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:48 am »

premiumhottubs

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 01:42:10 pm »
Everyone has the right idea here. A lot of first time spa buyers like the idea of the lounger. But 2nd and 3rd time spa buyers generally don't get the lounger again. People don't like the amount of room they take up.The big problem people have with the lounger is they tend to float rather then lounge and be relaxed. So always make sure that you do a wet test when it comes to buying a spa with the lounger (even if there is no lounger, do a wet test).
All of the hot tubs that you had mentioned above are really great tubs and all for a reasonable price. However if you don't mind I would like to push you towards the Jacuzzi J-470.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:01:21 pm by Bonibelle »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »

All of the hot tubs that you had mentioned above are really great tubs and all for a reasonable price. However if you don't mind I would like to push you towards the Jacuzzi J-470. After all Jacuzzi is the superior brand of hot tubs!

Even if a poster says they've decided on a certain brand or reduced their choices to a couple and have excluded Jacuzzi you always jump in and tell them they should choose Jacuzzi as if its the only good choice out there.

Now you're actually tryin to tell us that your brand is "the superior brand"!?  

While Jacuzzi is certainly a reputable brand they are not above the rest and personally I find your above-all-others approach on these sites rather rude and condescending (IMO of course).

Thanks for everyones help! decided to go with the caldera based on a combo of the product plus the quality of the local dealer.

BTW, congrats on your purchase. Stick around to let us know how it goes from here and post away as new questions arise.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:53:42 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 02:05:09 pm »
So being the tolerant moderator that I am, "premiumhottubs". I have left your Jacuzzi post, but deleted the sentences and links that do not comply with the forum guidelines. Please feel welcome to continue to post, but you will see that you will be quickly put in your place when you are not respectful of other members or try to push your product a bit too hard.   ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 12:17:53 pm »
Everybody is different.  I'm a 2nd time around spa buyer - 1st and 2nd spa both have loungers.  My husband wanted a lounger and that is the only seat he will use.  He hasn't never been in any of the other seats.  Says he isn't interested - he wanted the lounger and that is where he intends to stay and he has for 5 years now.

oldbones

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »
I agree with you, but it's my wife who loves the lounger. I'll use it now and again, but she's 5'2" and doesn't float up and out, at least not in the Sundance Certa. Others we tested she did and she hated it. For those looking for a lounger smaller footprint spa, I suggest the Certa or Artesian Nevis. Both nice and under $8k out the door. Cheaper if you negotiate.

Oldbones

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42