What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My tub is old!  (Read 4127 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
My tub is old!
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:42:20 am »
I drained and refilled my tub in the nice weather yesterday.  It was then I realized the tub is 7 years old and while operating great, it is showing its age. With the economy and job situation being what it is, I don't feel like replacing it yet.  I still have the original pillows, which after 7 years is no bad reflection on the manufacturer, but I'll have to give Dynasty a call and see what it cost to replace them. I have seen similar ones used in new designs so I think they will be available.  Mine didn't have the corporate logo on them, but I won't mind that if it helps the tub look new.
The filter compartment is faded from 7 years of dichlor, but that doesn't seem to affect the performance at this point, the plastic (ABS?) seems solid. Usually in the summer, I will remove the spinner jets and soak them in CLR, but I was lazy as we had company Sunday. I may try to hunt down and replace about 5 of them.  We really love those jets.  Cal and Coast used the same, I believe, Waterways jets so I'll have to see if I can find a source.  These are the larger ones and have the "chrome" rings.  Any ideas for a good source?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

My tub is old!
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:42:20 am »

autoplay

Re: My tub is old!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:53 pm »
My tub is as old as yours too lol.  I purchased mine in april-May of 03.  My pillows are still holding up well.

My filter area looks great,although,the weir skimmer basket and the other 2 parts that consist of the weir skimmer,show signs of age. The plastic is rough in regards to the weir skimmer,and hangs up on occasion. I plan on replacing it in the next year or so.

My shell looks the same as when I first purchased it! Very happy with the shell.  The cabinet shows signs of age,and I believe it's because we live in a very hot/sunny climate.

I just replaced the euro pulse jets in my tub,which I first upgraded in my tub,after initial purchase.  I replaced 20 of em.  I do need to replace the Versa-sauge bearings(6 of em total in the spa) as 2 of the 6 hang up occasionally.

I've replaced the heater relay board,heater element/manifold,and installed a rebuild kit in the ozonator. I also purchased a new cover.  Those are the costs I have incurred,since owning the spa. I think I've done pretty well,considering it's over 7 years old. At some point I also need to purchase a new blower,as it took a dump 6 months ago.

Here's a link/URL of a site I use on occasion,for parts..........  http://www.spapartsdepot.com/c=Q5As23zQBuRnOBWmg2ir205uO/category/jets___jet_parts/  It's not the cheapest nor most expensive site,but they do seem to have almost anything needed,for a spa.

Oh,BTW,my spa is a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:58:51 pm »
My tub is as old as yours too lol.  I purchased mine in april-May of 03.  My pillows are still holding up well.

Pretty close, I think we purchased in Feb of 03 and had it delivered in April. (It took me longer to prepare the pad and electrical than it did to get it delivered. There is really only one that I would call a pillow on my tub and it needs replaced. The rest are more rubber headrests and the rubber has become hard and dry and showing more wear on the bottom, meaning I have to clean that area more.

My filter area looks great,although,the weir skimmer basket and the other 2 parts that consist of the weir skimmer,show signs of age. The plastic is rough in regards to the weir skimmer,and hangs up on occasion. I plan on replacing it in the next year or so.

Mine seems to be operating just fine, but is slightly discolored.

My shell looks the same as when I first purchased it! Very happy with the shell.  The cabinet shows signs of age,and I believe it's because we live in a very hot/sunny climate.

The same with mine.  As for the cabinet, I believe mine has faded, but I'll have to look at original photos. In any case, its universally faded and doesn't look blotchy or anything, so it still looks reasonably well.

I just replaced the euro pulse jets in my tub,which I first upgraded in my tub,after initial purchase.  I replaced 20 of em.  I do need to replace the Versa-sauge bearings(6 of em total in the spa) as 2 of the 6 hang up occasionally.

I

Here's a link/URL of a site I use on occasion,for parts..........  http://www.spapartsdepot.com/c=Q5As23zQBuRnOBWmg2ir205uO/category/jets___jet_parts/  It's not the cheapest nor most expensive site,but they do seem to have almost anything needed,for a spa.

Oh,BTW,my spa is a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia

Thanks, I'll check out that site from home tonight.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:00:39 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:52:39 pm »

My hot tub is so old the controls have hieroglyphics.

My hot tub is so old the frame is made from woolly mammoth bone.

My hot tub is so old the cover was made by Dr Spa's father.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:52:58 am »
Not bad, keep em comin.

My tub is so old, it has a wood fired heater

rynadesouza

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:28:27 am »
Maintaining your tub’s water couldn't be any easier, with regular maintenance your tub will be no trouble at all. Shock Hot tub with suitable oxidising agent such as Non chlorine shock or Calcium Hypochlorite.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:28:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42