What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Time to say goodbye!  (Read 7182 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Time to say goodbye!
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:11:20 pm »
Bill, let me apologize straight out of the gates if I’m breaking any forum rules here.  Please move my post or PM me if this post violates any rules as I would not intentionally do that.  That being said I want to thank this forum for all of the help everyone has offered me over the last 4 or 5 years.  Okay here it is folks, our Sundance Maxxus purchase was a major whoops investment.  My wife and I purchased our Maxxus in 2006 thinking we would really love hot tub’n, turns out we don’t.  This beautiful tub sits not 8’ from our back door and it never gets used.  Since we have installed it we have only been in the tub 19 times in 4 years.  So it’s time to liquidate and move on.  So, the big question is what its worth?  The thing is literally still like new.  The only thing it needs is a new cover as the cover and the cover lifter supplied by Mr. Sleepy our dealer was probably not the best and the fact that it has been exposed to rain, snow, and sun has also added to it’s woes. That is the only problem with the tub.  We paid $9500 when we bought it so I’m thinking maybe selling it for $5000.00.  I would like to know everyone thinks of that price; too high or too low? 

Hot Tub Forum

Time to say goodbye!
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:11:20 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Time to say goodbye!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 12:14:34 pm »
Sorry to lose you.  Why don't you think  you got the use out of the tub that you thought you might?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Campsalot

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:20:35 pm »
Honestly, I think it was simply kind of a hassle.  My wife and I both rise early for work and come home tired.  Whenever one of us suggested we get in the tub the other would respond with I'm too tired!  Usually that would mean too tired to put on our trunks, grab our bath robe, towel, and head outside over a slippery wood deck with no place to hang our various items.  Now before anyone lets me have it; let me say I realize this is about a passion of soaking and relaxing.  I don't think my wife and I had that passion.  Also, during the summer months it's simply too warm!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:52:42 pm »
Sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. I would expect a spa that age that will only get you something like 30 to 40% of your $$ back usually though I also think you purchased at a lower price than usual and its in very good condition so I'd ask $5k as a starting price. Hopefully you'll find someone wanting it enough to give you close to the price you ask for but you also may need to think about taking $3600 or so if offered by someone who has a roll of $100 bills on them ready to take it away, especially since its sitting essentially unused anyway.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »
Also, during the summer months it's simply too warm!

Campsalot I drained mine 2 weeks ago for the summer...will re-fill in October.

It's hotter than hell in Dallas!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »
So Zep..do you drain and cover it? My tub is just sitting there..it is so darn hot here in the North East that the pool is as hot as the tub...actually the tub is at 86 and the pool is 89...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:54:21 am »
So Zep..do you drain and cover it? My tub is just sitting there..it is so darn hot here in the North East that the pool is as hot as the tub...actually the tub is at 86 and the pool is 89...

But the heat has broken, if not just temporarily. We turned the tub back up to 103 last night for a nice star lit soak.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Zep

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:30:14 am »
So Zep..do you drain and cover it?

Boni...yes I drain it..blow out all the jets..scrub it all down and then just
put the cover back on after applying some 303
then when I do the Fall re-fill I fill it...drain it/shock it a couple of times
to help get rid of any residual yucky water that was left in the pipes.
During the summer it's way to hot in Dallas to be sitting in a hot tub.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 11:52:58 am »
Thanks Zep,  I will be away for much of August so keeping the tub running is just a waste of money.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:58:19 pm »

During the summer it's way to hot in Dallas to be sitting in a hot tub.

When my brothe lived in Plano I visited him in September. It was too hot/humid to be outside let alone to be in a hot tub.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 05:56:25 pm »
Used tubs typically bring only 50% of the original selling price (So likey around $4,500).  Also, Hot Tubs are a luxury purchase and the economy has hit everyone pretty hard so you have fewer people in the market for luxury items as well including Hot Tubs (down to $3,900 or $4K).  However, there are factors that may make yours more valuable.  Does it still have a factory warranty? Is it transferable to the next owner?  If it still LOOKS like new then your back up to $4,500. 
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Zep

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:39:58 pm »
Thanks Zep,  I will be away for much of August so keeping the tub running is just a waste of money.

Boni...there is some thought of it's not good for the motors and seals to let them sit.
And there is probably some truth to it.
But I've done it for years & my brother has done it for well over a decade without problems.
So I decided I am not gonna run and chem a hot tub from Jun Thru Sept & not get in once.
If it breaks I'll get it fixed.

Spatech...yes even Sept in Dallas/Plano is very hot. (Go Cowboys!)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 10:36:15 pm »
Unbelievable..we have a substantial cooling AND I HAVE A HUSBAND THIS WEEK!! So I heated the tub up from 86 to 101 and we will actually use the tub tonight...Then when the air heats back up to furnace temperatures, I may drain the tub.  ;) If I can't handle the 101..there's always the 88 degree pool...and I have to admit I love going from a cool pool to the tub especially on a cool night.. (with a cool Shock Top)!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 11:44:38 pm »
Correction, I thought I turned the tub back to 101...haha, guess I left it in sleep mode and it only heats when it is filtering, so it made it to 93 and went to sleep. Hubby is MAD..but I loved my 93 degree soak! ;)

Campsalot

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »
The tub has been sold.  We agreed at $4500.00 and while I would of liked more I think this is a fair offer.  Now, I need to figure out how to move it. Thanks everybody for the posts and assistance.  I have turned the new owners on to this site and told them you folks are GREAT! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42