What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub with a bench seat  (Read 20236 times)

BobT

Hot Tub with a bench seat
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:17 am »
Hello,

I'm looking for a hot tub with just a bench seat all around the inside (5-6 people) with some jets and lighting but can't seem to find any shown anywhere. I need the bench seat for my back. I've tried sitting in the contoured seats at many places but none seem to be comfortable for my back. Has anyone seen any of these?

Thanks,
BobT

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub with a bench seat
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:17 am »

Water Boy

Re: Hot Tub with a bench seat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:15:27 am »
Hello BobT,

You might check in your area to see if you have a Arctic Spas dealer. They have one that might work called the Yukon. It does have one contoured seat, but the rest is bench seating all throughout. This would easily sit 5-6 people. It does have a large foot well in it to help accommodate lots of people. You can see more info on it at www.arcticspas.com, but here is a pic of it.

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:13 am »
Hello,

I'm looking for a hot tub with just a bench seat all around the inside (5-6 people) with some jets and lighting but can't seem to find any shown anywhere. I need the bench seat for my back. I've tried sitting in the contoured seats at many places but none seem to be comfortable for my back. Has anyone seen any of these?

Thanks,
BobT

I think you have a lot of options but I'm not sure how "uncontoured" the seating needs to be. Based on the spa brands I personally like I'd look at non-lounge spas like:

Caldera Niagara or Hawaiian
http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/index_spas_hot_tub.html

D1 Nautilus or Nautique
http://www.d1spas.com/spas-reflections.html

Hot Spring Grandee or Vanguard or Limelight Pulse
http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/index_spa_models_hot_tub.html

Jacuzzi J470, J365, J345
http://www.jacuzzihottubs.com/j-400/

Marquis Euphoria
http://www.marquisspas.com/showroom.asp

Sundance Optima or Majesta or Chelsee
http://www.sundancespas.com/Hot-Tubs-and-Spas.html

Of course there are others but those would fill my wish list for a non lounge spa. You can use their dealer locators at each of those websites to see if they have a store near you.

Dry test to get a general feel but wet test to be sure you're getting what you need.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jet Sitter

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:36:30 pm »
Hello,

Thanks,
BobT

I have found that bench seats work for just about anyone while different contoured seats work for some but not for others, as you have discovered.  The round spas pretty much all have bench seats and I have never been uncomfortable in any of them.  Many of the round tubs claim to serve 5 or more people but the only one that I can think of to do so comoftabley is the D1 Arena.  It is a larger diameter tub and will handle 6 easily.  They are well made with simple one pump operation and controls and provide a nice variety of hydrotherapy, including lower body with the floor typhoon.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:29:48 pm »
I agree with spatech here and also jetsitter for a all bench seat style spa,,, nice a big ,,,,the Arena by D1 is all bench seating in a large round style spa...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

BobT

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:51 am »
Thanks all for your comments. This helps very much.  :)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:54:17 pm »
Bench seat? (how did I miss this?)

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jet Sitter

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »
Bench seat? (how did I miss this?)

Bench seat and a work of art!  True beauty and 100% natural ingredients...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:27:53 am »
Andrew - I have a customer who is planning a special project. A wood tub is the only thing they want, but it will be fully exposed and they do NOT want visible plumbing. But, of course, they want full jets and even a blower. The blower I have no problem with, I have put air rings under the benches and run the pipe through the floor before. But jets? Do you have any pics or suggestions?

Thanx
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15:32 pm »
With jets there's no way possible to not have exterior plumbing. The only possible solution I know of, and have seen, is to run the plumbing from the jets straight down to the ground, and manifold them together at ground level. Then, basically just box in the vertical plumbing of the jets (not quite sure how to describe this, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures). See if the drawing below makes any sense.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42