What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where can I get a wiring diagram for a 2005 caldera niagara?  (Read 5180 times)

tigger2112

I bought it new, moved to Ga 3 yrs ago and the tub wound up in storage until 2 weeks ago. tub is now set up on its new deck and ready to go..... problem is the sub panel got misplaced somewhere along the line. i have a box and bought the breakers and wire and such. looked a bit on line and find conflicting info. the wiring for a 2010 model has a few extras....

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Where can I get a wiring diagram for a 2005 caldera niagara?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:56 am »
I bought it new, moved to Ga 3 yrs ago and the tub wound up in storage until 2 weeks ago. tub is now set up on its new deck and ready to go..... problem is the sub panel got misplaced somewhere along the line. i have a box and bought the breakers and wire and such. looked a bit on line and find conflicting info. the wiring for a 2010 model has a few extras....

Open the hot tub front panel and locate the control box. Remove the cover to it and look on the backside of that cover where I think you'll find the schematic you're looking for.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tigger2112

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »
thanx.... and boy do I feel stupid..... ::)
i took the cover off and laid it down carefully (face down)
thanx to craigslist, I aquired a watkins sub panel with breakers today. poor guy had a tree fall on his 3 yr old hot springs spa. I got the sub panel for $75.......
worked to late today so hope to bne in hot water by wednesday.....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:29:06 pm »
You know that some of those sub panels are different...even for the same model between years.

tigger2112

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »
unhappy update......
new box is up, all wiring done (according to diagram on lid), and i have power right at terminals 1 and 3.
BUT nothing..... no display, no pumps, no nothing......
is there a master reset button somewhere? i am hoping....
the spa was stored on its side for about a year, but was then laid flat has been that way for almost the last year...

anyone have any brilliant ideas? or even good ones?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:30:54 pm »
I have two...first, one of the GFCI's might be tripping as soon as you turn it on and they often don't toggle when they do that so you can either test it with a meter or just turn them on and push the test button to see if they trip. The other thing is make sure your jumpers on in place.

Finally, yes there is a reset on some of the heaters but it's hard to find...it's usually around where the wire comes into the heater and if covered with a rubber gromett or tape.

tigger2112

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »
thanx for the suggestions....
I only turned on the 30 amp breaker for the heater for about 10 sec's to verify power at terminals 2 and 4. The 20amp is the one for the circ pump and temp display, and I have power at terminals 1 and 3 as well.
the jumpers seem to be in the right place (according that helpful diagram in the purple lid) and there are no visible signs of damage. It was working fine when i unhooked it, back in Va Beach. 

Even with both breakers on (briefly) nothing, no lights or anything.....
looks like its time to call in the pro's.....
The bright side there is that I added a rider to my home warranty that covers appliances and the spa, this past year..... 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42