What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulation Pump Newbie  (Read 3983 times)

ddoles

Circulation Pump Newbie
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »
 Just getting ready to order a new J280 Jacuzzi tub. We have the shell and cabinet colors picked out along with the LED lighting option. Please give me some insight on the circulation pump for this model. It is a 189.00 option. Is it needed?,worth the small cost?will it save money in the long term on checmicals or electric. Love the tub and we have shoped for a couple months and tested 4 diferrent brands and for the money this is what we have decided on. Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Circulation Pump Newbie
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Circulation Pump Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:54:51 pm »
If you are going to add ozone it would be worth it.  Ozone works best with 24 hour circulation.  Otherwise, i wouldn't bother.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ddoles

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:50:21 am »
The j280 has ozone. Thanks

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 05:25:24 pm »
 Like Dan said, if it has the ozone I would go with the circ pump as well.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »
It will allow for ozone 24/7 as stated and to me that alone makes it worth while plus I'd expect your monthly energy use to be about 10% less than the same spa that uses the main pump for filtering so over time it'll pay for itself plus some.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:22:06 pm »
i would go with the 24/7 option for injecting ozone ,,,,way worth the cost..
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

SpaNE

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »
If your experiece is similar to mine you will end up needing to fix or replace the circ pump every year.  I have a 3 year old J-345 and the circ pump was replaced twice and serviced another time for a kink in the line.

Good luck.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 01:40:45 pm »
SpaNe
sorry to hear you  have had problems with the circ pump,,, my personal spa is 14 years old and has the 24 hour circ pump, never have had a problem,,,when i see a failed circ pump is from seal failure due to water issues or restrction in the line ...

ddoles

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »
Thanks to all for the input. I will be placing my tub on order tomorrow if all goes well. I am still trying to neg alittle better deal. They came down to 5750.00 for the J280 w steps,cover chemicals,delivery and a spa test kit. Then they want 250.00 for the LED lighting option and 199.00 for the circulation pump. Does anyone have any real pricing info. Cant hurt to neg a little harder before putting down a deposit and placing my order. If anyone else has a good baseline on this i would be interested. I can always use the dealer a couple blocks away who sells Calspas as he beat this price by 50 bucks but I dont like the service as I already have a pool from them.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:16 pm »
i would run as fast as you can...and go with the Jacuzzi.......

ddoles

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:40 am »
The Jacuzzi J280 it is. I did get the following options, ozone,circulation pump. LED lighting,steps, cover, chemicals ,delivery and after getting the owner involved got them to give me the cover lifter in the deal as well. They wanted check or cash for the full amount up front to order it. I had the cash but in my thoughts they could take the money and close shop before my spa came in and I am screwed. They said a credit card transaction would be an additional 3 percent. As I was walking to the door and they wouldnt let me leave I knew they had more to give. So no 3 percent, they got the credit card, I got 6000 points and the exact spa is now on order.

6000 ;D seems to be a good deal to me.I never wanted the calspa it was just a barginning chip. I could have bought the calspa at costco for 4900.00 dropped in my driveway.
Thanks everyone hope to have the spa by End of May.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 01:02:12 pm »
good job getting what you wanted , enjoy the tub when it comes in....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 01:02:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42