What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Relay Vs. Caldera Marino  (Read 25837 times)

mlplus

Hot Spring Relay Vs. Caldera Marino
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »
Just came back from my local spa dealer and he is pitching me the Hot Spring Relay or Caldera Marino, both at $5999 including cover, steps ($100 value), cover lifter ($200) value and CD ozone.

I am wondering if anyone can share their experience with Hot Spring and/or Caldera and if they could comment on the price. Is $5999 a good price for these tubs?
He also claims that Hot Spring and Caldera have the least operating cost of all other tubs and says that Hot Spring will guarantee a maximum electric cost of $25 per month or they will pay the difference. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your reply.   

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Relay Vs. Caldera Marino
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Hot Spring Relay Vs. Caldera Marino
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:49 pm »
First, the guarantee.  I guarantee Hot Spring is not making that guarantee.  The dealer may be making it, but the manufacturer certainly isn't.

Second, both Hot Spring and Caldera make very energy efficient spas.  So does Jacuzzi, Sundance, Dimension One, Marquis, and on and on.

As far as experience with the the brands...they are both made by Watkins Manufacturing.  Watkins is a very high quality, premium spa manufacturer.  They build great spas.  You will find great reviews of both brands on the forum.  Both brands have been around a long time.  Watkins is part of a multi-billion dollar corporation, so they are stable financially.

If you've tested the spas and like them, then I can say you'll be happy with either one.  The price you've quoted is not bad.  Don't let the dealer fool you by saying the cover is included.  It is always included.  It is included by Watkins to the dealer.  A lot of dealers of a lot of brands will say that to make you think you're getting something for nothing.

Good luck.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mlplus

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »
Vanguard

Thanks for your comments.

Marty

honeypot

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:43 am »
If I'm not incorrect, the Relay is a Hot Spot Spa not a Hot Spring Spa.  Both made by the same company, but, as I believe Vangard can clarify, with a bit of a luxury and quality difference (and HUGE price difference).

I looked at the Relay; too small for me.  I'm considering the Tempo.  If you will notice the postings under the thread Hot Spot vs Hot Spring you might get a better understanding of the difference between Hot Spot and Hot Spring.

;)

Pam

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:58:13 am »
That is correct.  The Relay is a Hot Spot.  Hot Spot is part of the Hot Spring Family that includes Hot Spring, Tiger River, Hot Spot and Solana.  They are all manufactured by Watkins Manufacturing.

Caldera is also manufactured by Watkins.  With Caldera, you have Caldera Utopia Series, Caldera Paradise Series, and the new Vacanza series.  Vacanza is almost identical to Hot Spot.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mlplus

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:18 pm »
Thanks for the feed back. Is the mareno a caldera? Is there much difference in the caldera, hot spot and hot springs or i am i splitting hairs?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »
Thanks for the feed back. Is the mareno a caldera? Is there much difference in the caldera, hot spot and hot springs or i am i splitting hairs?

If you look at each, one is made for a Caldera dealer and the other for a Hot Spring dealer but they’re essentially the exact same spa so operation and cost of operation will be the same. This would truly be a case of going with whichever is the better deal relative to the price as well as comfort with the dealer.

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/model_hot_tub_marino.html

http://www.hotspothottubs.com/pdfs/2010-Relay.pdf
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »
wow, that is the same spa.  the only difference i can see is the caldera version is spa frog ready.  if you don't intend to use the frog/bromine system then the hot spot shell is cleaner.

justini

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:32 am »
To me the Caldera Hot Springs spa is the best!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42