What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help! Choosing a tub  (Read 22880 times)

ecohen

Please help! Choosing a tub
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »
Hi im new and finding it difficult to find a tub...
At the moment I am stuck in between 2:
1. Hot Spot Tempo
2. Premium Leisure LLC Leisure EDGE

What do you think I should go for?
Any other recommandations?

Im Planning to spend around £6000-7500 if that would help

Thank You
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:20:43 pm by ecohen »

Hot Tub Forum

Please help! Choosing a tub
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
Re: Please help! Choosing a tub
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:31:21 pm »
Check out the Premium Leisure line. You will be impressed. The Leisure's Edge line is great. I've sold them for about a year, no service issues as of yet and the company is a pleasure to work with.

Was there a specific model you were interested in? ???

Hottubber1 8)

ecohen

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:34:10 pm »
Yes it was the Le 850...
Do you not think the Hot Spot it a better tub?

Thanks

Hottubber1

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 01:45:08 pm »
Please make it a point to wet test them both. Premium Leisure is nice with allot of bling. Hot Spring makes the other model and although it's not their top of the line, it is still good quality.
If you can try them out in their showroom after hours or if they have a "wet room" so you can wet test, that'll tell you which one is better. It's your call. I think they're both worth buying. It's all about fit and feel. They should be comparable in price.
Hottubber1 8)

ecohen

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »
Yes I do understand.
Just the problem is I wont be able to wet test them as the show rooms are so far away.
This is why I need people and their knowledge about hot tubs to go for the best one within my budget

Thanks

Hottubber1

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:44 pm »
Well, I don't think you can go wrong either way. If your budget is where you say it is, I would look closely at the LE850. It will be priced well within your budget and there are some standard features there that are optional for most brands.
You see, you're going to have his spa a long, long time, I would make sure I tried them both if I was serious about buying one. I understand they may be far away, but if you take one day or one week to make the right decision, it will go a long way in your spa enjoyment.

I hope this helps.

Hottubber1 8)

ecohen

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 02:08:57 pm »
Thanks!
I have reserached about prices and they do seem roughly around the same price...
Does anyone have any hot tub better in mind?

Thanks

Hottubber1

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 02:52:10 pm »
The other brand you can consider is Sundance. Sundance has ben manufacturing spas since 1979. They make a good spa as well. The Hawthorne model is the same size as the 850. That model will be priced in the same range as well, with a similar layout.
Hottubber1 8)

ecohen

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 02:55:50 pm »
So what hot tub would one get within my price range?

Thanks

Hottubber1

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 03:07:21 pm »
I would buy the one that has features that are most important to YOU? ??? My Sundance Optima is perfect for me, but that's me.

Asking someone else what's good for you doesn't help you. The spa brands you've brought up are all good, it's all about you now. Find a dealer that you feel comfortable with and run with it.

Look at it this way; You have a sciatic nerve problem that really bothers you. You decide hot water therapy will assit in your pain therapy, and I know it will.That is your main reason for getting a spa. I would see which spa will massage that area the best to make me feel better.
Your best bet is to try them out. Take the time and do it, you will not regret it, trust me on this. I've sold thousands of spas and every body is different and every spa is not the same.

Hottubber1 8)

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 05:26:50 pm »
I've got to agree with Hottubber.   Wet testing is the best thing.  How far away are your dealers?  Are they near each other so you could test one right after the other?

If you absolutely cannot wet test them, then you will have to go with what your gut feeling is.  Hot Spring is a more recognized brand in the industry than Premium Leisure is today.  I think Premium Leisure is making strides and they appear to be building a good spa.  However, for right now, you have more Hot Spring dealers than PL, so your overall support level might be better with the HS. 

But go back to what Hottubber said.  What features do the spas have that are right for you.  Make a list.  Then, whichever one has more on the list, go for that one.

Good luck. 
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ecohen

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 06:44:15 pm »
To be honest, the Hot Spot Tempo looks like the more attractive, most featured for the price range. Has anyone seen it/ reviewed it?
The Stores are around 2 hour drive which is annoying this is why i have to kind of rely on what people/ reviews say.
Is there anything else someone would recommend apart from the ones i am looking at, at the moment?

Thank you for all your help so far
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:48:13 pm by ecohen »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 07:02:33 pm »
The Tempo is new for 2010 so you will not see a lot of reviews, if any.  The equipment has been used for several years and is reliable.  The Premium Leisure spa line is also new for this year, therefore, you will see few, if any reviews.

For what it is worth, Watkins (maker of Tempo) is an established company with a long track record.  You should be able to count on support and parts for years to come.

PL is a relatively new company.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hottubber1

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 08:35:45 am »
Van & hottubdan,

I had an opportunity to see the Hot Spot Tempo, online. Nice looking unit and you are correct in stating the Watkins has been around a long time. This may be a no brainer if this prospect fits comfortably in it.

It's like a pair of shoes, if I wear an 8, but the deal is on size 9, is it a deal? They must try it out, not only for piece of mind, but for the outlay of cash that would be a waste if it is not the right fit.

How about Thermo Spas, they will come to you to sell it? Only kidding... :-*

Hottubber1 8)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:47 am »
To be honest, the Hot Spot Tempo looks like the more attractive, most featured for the price range. Has anyone seen it/ reviewed it?
The Stores are around 2 hour drive which is annoying this is why i have to kind of rely on what people/ reviews say.
Is there anything else someone would recommend apart from the ones i am looking at, at the moment?

Thank you for all your help so far

In your case quality is even more important, if that's possible, being that you have to travel so far and so would they for service. The Hot Spot is built by a company known for quality and service whereas Premium Leisure does not have the positive history to build on though they may get there now that they've reinvented themselves. If all things are equal or close I'd suggest you go with the Hot Spot, if the Premium Leisure is the one you truly want then go that direction. As others have said, if possible let the wet test guide you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:13:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42