What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deciding on the proper size tub  (Read 6730 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Deciding on the proper size tub
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »
What about operating costs? Larger tubs equal more pumps etc. Does going from a 5 to eight person tub substantially push up operating cost? Just wondering.

Actually an 8 person spa won't run you much more than a 5 person of the same brand spa built the same way. You're obviously heating up more water from the start and it'll cost a little more to maintain the extra water but it is NOT even close to being proportional. Its not like a 500 gallon spa will cost double what a 250 gallon spa will run you.

Excellent point, once every several months when  you refill, the electric meter will spin fast a little longer.  We are having great weather, and I am going to dump and refill either Saturday or Sunday.  My water will start out around 42F
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »

meriflower

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »
We have a Marquis Epic and it is a large tub.  Usually it's just my husband and I.  We have two teen boys and they never use it.  We do like the larger tub as it gives us the capability to move around and massage all different parts of our bodies.  I remember wet testing several Hot Spring models.  I remember liking the Grandee the best.  When selecting a spa a wet test is a must as well as trying different recommended brands.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42