What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: February snow  (Read 13851 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: February snow
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:27 am »
:(..still trying to figure out why my husband put the %*&#@@ wood pile so far away from the house!!!

Termites is usually reason #1
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:27 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 11:33:34 am »
We are getting blasted with this Nor'easter. My tub and the surrounding area are literally gone...under inches of snow on top of the feet of snow from the weekend...going to kick up the tub temperature in case we loose power, which I honestly expect soon....This is when you can really appreciate that spa monitor in the house  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:52 am »
We are getting blasted with this Nor'easter. My tub and the surrounding area are literally gone...under inches of snow on top of the feet of snow from the weekend...going to kick up the tub temperature in case we loose power, which I honestly expect soon....This is when you can really appreciate that spa monitor in the house  ;)

Come on guys, it's just a little snow. Relax, it can be the prettiest time of year and also quiet.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 08:17:49 am »

it can be the prettiest time of year and also quiet.

The heavy snow does keep the gangsters in the house and it is the only time my neighborhood is quiet.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 10:11:51 am »
Haha..I am cleaning out my son's room from top to bottom and painting since I am STUCK until spring!! I found the box from his pump shotgun. I threw out the box but saved the end with the information about the type of gun and taped that to my front window. When my younger son went into the living room, he flipped the card board over and looked at me like I was nuts...I said that is my economy scurity system.!..Not that I expect anyone to come up here ..just getting punchy locked in the house!

My spa monitor went off several times in the night. I guess the weather had something to do with it. I can't even get to the spa I can't open my back door yet. Several trees are so snow laden that they are on the ground. Not sure if they are split but surely damaged. And my bamboo is on the ground completely covering one of the cars.

So the weatherman says this is a once in a lifetime snow storm. That makes me feel so much better  :o

This is so beautiful I think I may go burry myself in it...grrrrrr... :o

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:13 am »
post pictures!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 12:48:29 pm »
Bonibelle,
boy i hate to say it but now everyone can see what we went through last year up here in the northwest
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »
So YOUR THE ONES WHO SENT US THIS!!!! ;D ;D  I always loved the snow, but this is overload!! IT's true about too much of a good thing I guess.
I guess it was our turn! We always get a Nor'Easter or two but when the temps are low enough for snow, it isn't always fun...At least my pond looks like it survived! ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »
see if this works

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=isabon56&target=ALBUM&id=5437034494370526049&authkey=Gv1sRgCIT-9N797K7FLw&invite=CMrxm4YI&feat=email

I'm sorry Bonnie but to me here in Northern Minnesota it looks about the same as I have pushed, shoveled and dealt with for the last 3 months and the last 35 winters so many times I cannot count! And I am so anal about moving snow that my walks, drive and decks are kept clean.

I suppose it helps if you have the equipment to deal with it. Here's a trick for you. If you know it's going to snow 2-6 inches move after it finishes. If you know you are going to get dumped on move it when it gets to 4-6 inches then again and again. Stay ahead of it. Makes it lighter.

Do you own a snowblower? Or a 4 wheeler with a blade? Or better yet a truck with a blade?
Retired

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 07:32:22 pm »
Tman, The snow is probably only a part of my attitude right now.  I am frustrated because the last time we had a huge snow like this, we bought a giant snowblower. It worked fine for all these years (that was in 1996) but since my husband does NO maintence on anything, the transmission went during the first big snow in December. Then I was ready to buy another one after a mechanic said it would cost about $600.00 to fix it.  My husband thought we should get a "second opionon!" I have an OPINION for him right now!

So the weekend Nor'Easter was a mess, but this one on top of it has really created problems. I don't feel like shoveling all that snow!  If I did, I would live in Minnesota  ;) ;D.

My son works on the farm in front of my house and they just came with a tractor and plowed out one driveway.
 The driveway that is covered with bamboo will have to wait until the snow thaws enough for the bamboo to spring up where it belongs. That could be in July since another snow is predicted for Monday night.

On a good note, my son called to say he shoveled at college all night and made $200.00!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 08:31:20 pm »
we did not mind giving you some of it. but we didn't want you take all of it.....we have had maybe 4-6 inches total this year in town, but today you would think we were Seattle with the rain all day, they can keep the rain on there side of the mountains.....and our temps are in the high 40's normally in the 30's..........
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

dasno

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »
We got 11" here in altoona from the latest and greatest.  Stole my dad's snow blower worked miracles :D tub's dug out.... told the spa man that I would take the La Palma... so I picked up the GFI.... now all I need to do is figure out the installation part for wiring the GFI up move some snow and I should be good to go......

Didn't have to work any overtime due to the storm but the poor guys in New Jersey are busy....  Life is good

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 05:21:12 am »
We got 11" here in altoona from the latest and greatest.  Stole my dad's snow blower worked miracles :D tub's dug out.... told the spa man that I would take the La Palma... so I picked up the GFI.... now all I need to do is figure out the installation part for wiring the GFI up move some snow and I should be good to go......

Didn't have to work any overtime due to the storm but the poor guys in New Jersey are busy....  Life is good

The difference in Northern Minnesota is we don't wait, can't wait for it to melt. If it falls in November through about March the only thing melting it is the higher rising sun in late Feb. It was 26 degrees for a high yesterday and the sun is starting to get high enough during the day to take a little off the top every time it shines. -7 right now and a high of 20 today, supposed to get a storm this weekend, no biggy. Glad your neighbor pushed your drive clean. Plows been by on the road yet?
Retired

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:19 am »
In Pa we pay township taxes and I can honestly say they put them to real good use. The roads were plowed really quickly. On the downside they plowed my driveway completely shut. So that is another reason that I was not going to shovel it.

I love February for just the reason that you are saying Tman, the sun is higher and the days much brighter. I will salt my plowed drive today and it should be easy to remove that bottom layer of ice by noon time.
When we built here, I thought..privacy, long driveway, big yard...now I am thinking townhouse, postage stamp yard, Florida...haha 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42