What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Circus in Denver  (Read 7522 times)

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Spa Circus in Denver
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:36:26 am »
Just saw an ad for the Spa Circus.  Buyer beware!!!! They said all major manufactures will be at the show.  This is a LIE and I'm an Arctic Spa dealer.  Arctic Spas are a major manufacture and we will not be there.  I called the number I saw on the TV ad and asked what manufactures will be there and he said all.  I asked what actual brands, he wouldn't tell me. 

Beware of the warranty, beware that you might not get serviced.  Beware of the scams that this company has been doing all over the country. 

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Circus in Denver
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:36:26 am »

Water Boy

Re: Spa Circus in Denver
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »
That stinks Michael. The snakes are lingering around the Midwest right now. They were in St. Louis last weekend and here in KS a couple weeks back. Sounds like they say the same everywhere they go. You should sell a few spas just off their advertising though. When it was all said and done that weekend, we sold seven spas when they were in town. Some were new people, and some were be-backs that heard the adds and came to our store. We did flood the radio stations that Friday with a add of our own, and I think that helped too. Good luck.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Kalamity

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »
Hi everyone.  I'm new here and certainly appreciate the warning about the Denver Merchandise Mart scam that's opening tomorrow.  I'm in the market for a hot tub for 5-6 people.  I have some friends who have a Master spa and they love it.  I've only looked at a few (the lowly) Garden Leisure where you can't find any info on it.  A Jacuzzi, a couple of LimeLights and a Caldera.  I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the Limelights, Hot Spring, and the Caldera.  I thought about getting something with a lounge to it originally, but now I'm uncertain.  I'd like to stay below $7,000 if I can.  I was quoted that on a floor model earlier this week.  Besides people climbing in and out of the floor models is there a reason I shouldn't consider one?  Would it void the warranty in some way?  Also, I don't want to take possession of one for about 10-14 days.  Do you think they'd hold on for me if I bought this weekend?  Thanks, Kalamity

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:23:43 pm »
Don't they have their own website?   Its been about a year since they were last here, I usually go for the fun of it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »
Beerman
it nice to hear you sold some spas during the circus , when they came through Spokane last month we sold 4 spas that Saturday,  I hope other local dealers in there areas are also having success...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:13:57 pm »
Hi everyone.  I'm new here and certainly appreciate the warning about the Denver Merchandise Mart scam that's opening tomorrow.  I'm in the market for a hot tub for 5-6 people.  I have some friends who have a Master spa and they love it.  I've only looked at a few (the lowly) Garden Leisure where you can't find any info on it.  A Jacuzzi, a couple of LimeLights and a Caldera.  I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the Limelights, Hot Spring, and the Caldera.  I thought about getting something with a lounge to it originally, but now I'm uncertain.  I'd like to stay below $7,000 if I can.  I was quoted that on a floor model earlier this week.  Besides people climbing in and out of the floor models is there a reason I shouldn't consider one?  Would it void the warranty in some way?  Also, I don't want to take possession of one for about 10-14 days.  Do you think they'd hold on for me if I bought this weekend?  Thanks, Kalamity

1) You won't find much love for Master on this site, especially when their manufacture backed traveling spa scam is mentioned.

2) Jacuzzi and the Watkins brands (Hot Spr, Limelight, caldera) you mentioned are well respected.

3) If you want a lounge you really should wet test IMO, they don't fit everyone and take up space. If in doubt skip the lounge unless you're getting a bigger spa than you need and don't mind a large part of it taken up by a seat you may or may not like.

4) Floor models are generally fine as they often save a noticeable amount of money. With the major brands the warranty is not affected by it being a floor model but all you need to do is state that you'll want the invoice to state "floor model, full warranty" to cover any fears you may have.

5) Any reputable dealer will make the deal and give you time to get ready for your spa and 2 weeks should be no issue under normal circumstances. The only way it could be tricky is if they need that floor space ASAP and have another buyer for that floor model so just be up front and state you can't take delivery for 2-3 weeks and have that written on the invoice as well.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kalamity

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:21 pm »
Thank you for your helpful insight.

I have another question.  Do any of you use the Silk Balance I was told about?  Pros/Cons.  What do you all use in your own spas?
Thank you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:16:02 am »
.  I thought about getting something with a lounge to it originally, but now I'm uncertain.  Thanks, Kalamity

I believe you said you were looking for a 5-6 person tub?  How many people will be using the tub on most nights? The lounger/no lounger debate is very common.  In my case, we bought a 6 person tub and the majority of the time its my wife and I in the tub, occasionally there are 4  of us.  In our case, I am glad we got the lounger. While it may be the least used seat, when I go out by myself, I use it. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kalamity

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 11:02:35 am »
wmccall- My husband died 13 months ago and then my sister moved in last spring due to the economy.  So that's 2 of us.  Then there are my sons and their girlfriends- all working and in college full time.  On a daily basis I can see my sister and I, but I know the kids will come over possibly weekly (or more often) to enjoy it.  So 6 at certain times.  I also know the kids won't always be here at the same time due classes and work schedules.  Oh, my mom would use it and maybe my extended family too on occasion.  Actually a 6 seater & a lounger would be cool, but that would be out of my budget IF they make one like that.

I do like the Limelight Flair and Pulse a lot.  I know they're made by makers of Hot Spring.  What order would the lines go? 
1) Hot Spring
2) Hot Spot
3) Limelight ???

I still need to check out the Hot Spots & Hot Spring.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 11:08:04 am »
.  I thought about getting something with a lounge to it originally, but now I'm uncertain.  Thanks, Kalamity

I believe you said you were looking for a 5-6 person tub?  How many people will be using the tub on most nights? The lounger/no lounger debate is very common.  In my case, we bought a 6 person tub and the majority of the time its my wife and I in the tub, occasionally there are 4  of us.  In our case, I am glad we got the lounger. While it may be the least used seat, when I go out by myself, I use it. 

The key was you got a spa that easily seats more than normally go in. In such a case its fine to get a lounge because if you don't want to use it you still have plenty of other seating available. Imagine if instead of a 5-6 person spa you got a 3-4 person spa? In such a case you REALLY want to make sure a lounge is right for you because it takes up a large % of that spa.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 12:10:46 pm »
Kalamity-

There is a home show starting Feb 13-21 at the Denver Convention Center.  Arctic Spas Mile High (the Arctic Dealer in Denver) and Heavenly Time Hot Tubs & Billiards (in Summit County/Vail Valley) will be at this show.  Hopefully you have any interest in seeing an Arctic Spa in person. 

My company has been selling Arctic Spas for 10 years now up in the high country. 

Please contact me for more details.  My store manager Cory will be at the show all week, as I will only be there from the 17th-21st.  Unfortunately I'll be in Ireland for Arctic Spas annual dealer seminar hoping to win our third straight dealer of the year award! 

Thanks,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »

I do like the Limelight Flair and Pulse a lot.  I know they're made by makers of Hot Spring.  What order would the lines go? 
1) Hot Spring
2) Hot Spot
3) Limelight ???

I still need to check out the Hot Spots & Hot Spring.

More like
1) Hot Spring
2) Limelight
3) Hot Spot

Hot Spring is definteily #1 and the two are probably close.

Kalamity

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »
Thanks, everyone.  I'll have to do more researching and maybe hit the home show.  Can you get better deals by shopping at the home the home show?  Kalamity

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
Thanks, everyone.  I'll have to do more researching and maybe hit the home show.  Can you get better deals by shopping at the home the home show?  Kalamity

Sometimes yes and and some times no (those shows cost them $ to be there after all). What the shows are good for is seeing multiple manufacturers in one place (assuming there are multiple ones there). If you go to the shows try to see the dealers first so you get a feeling on how what their operation looks like or go to teh show and go to the dealership afterward.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »
You should go to the local dealers and check them out. then go to the show and check them out. Provided there are multiple manufacturers being represented. also by going to the showrooms you can see the prices. then when you are at the show see if they are better since having a big show...But keep in mind that they have to pay for there space they have rented. but this would give you a feel for the dealerships themselves and who you feel comfortable with purchasing a spa....good luck
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42