What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera C30 vs. a Tiger River Caspian?  (Read 11528 times)

ericlemson

Caldera C30 vs. a Tiger River Caspian?
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:13 pm »
Hi, New to this forum.  Im sure you get boring posts like this often, so I'm sorry!  I'm looking at the following and would like some feedback on the price and which to go with:

New Tiger River Spa - Caspian 6 seater = 6850 plus tax (includes cover, delivery, setup, etc.)

Used (only 6 months old and in perfect condition) Caldera - C30 6 seater = 5500 plus tax (includes cover, delivery, setup, etc. as well)

I have not seen a whole lot of reviews on the Caldera spas and it is used.  However, it's over a grand cheaper and it looks to be a larger spa over a 100 gallons more water.

Any thoughts? 

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera C30 vs. a Tiger River Caspian?
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:13 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Caldera C30 vs. a Tiger River Caspian?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:17:22 am »
Hi, New to this forum.  Im sure you get boring posts like this often, so I'm sorry!  I'm looking at the following and would like some feedback on the price and which to go with:

New Tiger River Spa - Caspian 6 seater = 6850 plus tax (includes cover, delivery, setup, etc.)

Used (only 6 months old and in perfect condition) Caldera - C30 6 seater = 5500 plus tax (includes cover, delivery, setup, etc. as well)

I have not seen a whole lot of reviews on the Caldera spas and it is used.  However, it's over a grand cheaper and it looks to be a larger spa over a 100 gallons more water.

Any thoughts?  

Both are good brands and generally they are pretty comparable but if the Caldera is truly used then it won't come with the warranty (spa warranties do not transfer from one owner to another) and I would go with the new Caspian and the manufacturer's warranty.

If this is a case where "used" actually means the Caldera is a floor model (floor models retain their warranty in full) then that's different and I'd lean to the less expensive Caldera in that case.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:19:12 am by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ericlemson

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:46:39 pm »
It is used.  It was sold to a customer earlier in the year and he used it twice and divorce is causing him to get rid of it. The local Hot Springs dealer is buying it back and I was told that yes, it would still have the 5\7 year warrenty.  They also said that they do all their warrenty work in house.  He said it would be in writing on the contract.  He's letting it go for 5k and said if I wanted the new (but likley more used) floor model, it would be 5800.  I wet tested it and loved the size.  Going to look at the returned one on Monday.  I was told it was in perfect condition.

Anything I should ask about proof of warrenty?  If it's on the invoice and it's from a Hot Springs Dealer, I should feel good right?

Thanks.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:51:46 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Most of us never find those questions boring.  You stated the warranty was being provided by the dealer, which to me it means its probably good as long as the dealer is around. Do get it in writing in case the ownership changes hands.   I bought from a dealer who had been in town for more than 17 years, but went under after 2 years. Fortunately the factory provided warranty service for the remainder.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ericlemson

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:59:48 pm »
I also found that the C30 is a little more comfotable for me as I am a rather large frame 6'4" 260.  I also called watkins and they said that the HS dealer I was talking with was very good and not going anywhere. Also if the previous owner did not register the hot tub then I can no problem.

ericlemson

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »
Called Watkins with the seriel number and it has not been registered, so I can do that.  Looks like I'll be buying a C30 on Monday!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 05:13:56 pm »
Called Watkins with the seriel number and it has not been registered, so I can do that.  Looks like I'll be buying a C30 on Monday!

It sounds like you're doing your homework. With you being 6'4" I think the larger spa is the way to go so if the warranty is full and it states as such on the invoice it sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal.

ericlemson

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 05:19:07 pm »
Thanks, well I've learned a good bit of what to look for just reading through this site for a few days.  I'll let you all know if anything else comes up.

ericlemson

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:17 pm »
Going to look at the Hot tub today to make sure it's what they say it is.  I'm getting my deck extended for the hot tub. The footers were put in last week and today they are putting in the posts and tomorrow building the deck.   Hopefully I'll have the hotub in by Wednesday or Thursday. I will post some photos later today/night of the project.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 03:11:18 pm »
Everyone here loves to see photos. :D
 Good luck with the tub.

ericlemson

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 08:23:20 pm »
Didn't get to see the tub today as they hadn't got it in, hopefully tomorrow.

Oh and how do I post a photo that's on my computer.

ericlemson

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
Well, there was a holdup on the used spa, so they decided to give me the Caldera C30 which was their floor model for $5k plus tax.  The only difference was it didn't have the cover lift which was $299, so he split that with me.  It's getting installed Thursday at 2 pm!  Maybe it will be ready to use that night?????  We are excited!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 05:13:37 pm »
Well, there was a holdup on the used spa, so they decided to give me the Caldera C30 which was their floor model for $5k plus tax.  The only difference was it didn't have the cover lift which was $299, so he split that with me.  It's getting installed Thursday at 2 pm!  Maybe it will be ready to use that night?????  We are excited!

Congrats, let us know how it goes. To answer your previous question, to post photos you have to use a link to an image hosting site like photobucket.com

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 11:31:25 am »
Good luck, I don't remember where your located, but right now here in Ohio the water temp would probably be around 40 degrees and my tub heats at around 4 degrees an hour.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ericlemson

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »
I'm in Easley, SC, so maybe it won't take as long.  At least I should be using it Friday night.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42