What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filters, Cleaners, and Such  (Read 2247 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Filters, Cleaners, and Such
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:34 am »
I was picking up some chemicals for my Jacuzzi J-470 from Leslie's Pool Supplies, when the store manager recommended I try Natural Chemistry Spa Purge. It restores spa plumbing and removes build-up organic waste. I put it in before I change out the water. Anyone had any experience with it?

Also is it safe to put the Jacuzzi filters and polishing bags in the dishwasher without any soap. I have two of each that I trade out every so often, but they are starting to look a little grayest and the rings in the center have come off. What is the best way to clean them and how often should they be replaced with new ones.

I have had my J-470 for over 18 months and the water is always clear and I keep the water chemistry at the right levels but would like to make sure that what I can't see isn't getting dirty. Kind of like the arteries in my old body. I want to make sure the plumbing in my spa is nice and clean.

Thanks,
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

Filters, Cleaners, and Such
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:34 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filters, Cleaners, and Such
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:32:29 pm »
Never used Spa Purge but have used Swirl Away and it does the same thing. It does something but I don't know how much ... of coarse it can't clean something that may not be there. It also may be my imagination but it seems that my swirly jets work better after using the product.

Have you soaked your filters in a filter cleaner vs spray cleaning them? They seem to come out better than spraying them, just make sure you really rinse well. Also, I have soaked my filters in bleach to clean and they came out pretty nice.

As far as replacing them, my dealer said about every 3 to 4 years since I had 2 sets.

Be careful about Leslies, some of their products are less potent than other brands but if you get a good deal on them then they are great for chemicals - I buy most of my pool chlorine from them.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:26:37 am »
Thanks Vinny. We have a lot of pools here in Vegas and it seems Leslies on ever corner. So it is just quick to get the chemicals from them.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:26:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42