What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what is it?  (Read 2840 times)

angie

what is it?
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:09:36 am »
What is monopersulfate?  Is this bad to have in your spa water?  Is it something that's in the water because it has not been changed for awhile?  When is it considered not safe to use the tub? 

My husband hates to change the water because he has bad knees (and so do I), and getting down to hook the hose to the drains is difficult, so the water has not been changed for quite awhile.  It is clear, but I know that doesn't mean the water is clean, and I hate going in if I know there is a possibility that the water is not safe.  The water was changed last March.  I called my dealer to see if they know anyone who goes out to change  water for people, at a charge of course, but it seems nobody does it.  I would gladly pay to have it done. 

Thanks for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

what is it?
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:09:36 am »

In Canada eh

Re: what is it?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »
Monoperoxywhatcamacallit is non chlorine shock, it is a very powerful oxidizer.  Some people (like me) use it to shock their hot tub, others use chlorine (dichlor) and some use a lithium based shock.  You should not have any in your water as it gets used up almost immediately after adding it.  

You are probably way overdue :o for a water change seeing that it has been since March.  Most folks will change their water about every 3 months or so.  You could  have your dealer test you water for TDS (total dissolved solids) once a month and when the number reaches about 1500 you will know its time to change the water

If it bothers your husbands knees to get down and hook up the drains try using a small submersible pump to drain your tub.  I bought one at Home Depot for about $100 and it is much easier and faster then the drain at the bottom of my tub

Sorry you can't find someone to do this for you, maybe a neighborhood teenager could be some help.  I know my nephew will do just about anything for food ;D
Bullfrog 451

angie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28:01 pm »
Thank you for your respond.

You say you use a submersible pump to drain your tub, but how do you get the water out that is in the drains lines? 

Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 02:29:52 pm »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:28:23 pm by . »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30:02 am »
Monoperoxywhatcamacallit is non chlorine shock, it is a very powerful oxidizer.  

LOL Peroxymonopersulphate
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42