What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEW TO TUBBING - NEED ADVICE  (Read 6003 times)

Mississauga

NEW TO TUBBING - NEED ADVICE
« on: November 01, 2009, 09:37:18 pm »
Hi Everyone!

I am new here and I appreciate any help and any informations. Me and my wife just started to shop for our first hot tub. We live in Toronto, Ontario with heavy winters sometimes. We have three kids ages of 7, 9 and 13. We are interested in buying something that will fit and accomodate our family and also for the kids to play in the summer. It also has to be efficient for our cold climate especialy in the winter when were going to use the hot tub a lot. We found that each dealer will tell you that teirs is the BEST. we are really looking at the most high-and spa and willing to spend a bit more money if we have to. Here is a list of manufactures and models that we consider to buy.

CALEDRA SPAS - Cantabria
ARTESIAN SPAS -  Pelican Bay
SUNDANCE SPAS - Maxxus
COAST SPAS - Mirage
HOT SPRINGS - Vista
DYNASTY SPAS -  Miramax
BEACHCOMBER - 750 E
ARCTIC SPAS - Tundra Legend SE

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

NEW TO TUBBING - NEED ADVICE
« on: November 01, 2009, 09:37:18 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: NEW TO TUBBING - NEED ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:52:42 pm »
hey another Canuck!

Term the invaision is beginning, we want Florida and we want it now! ;D

Seriously

Any of the spas on your list will be within a dollar or 2 per month to operate.  Construction of any of the major brands is very similar one to another.  You have to keep in mind that the relationship you have with you dealer is just as important as the brand you choose.  Take a look at HotSpring, Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Artesian, Sundance, Beachcomber and Arctic, they are some of the bigger players in the market.  For what its worth both the Beachcomber and the Arctic are made in Canada and with a name like Mississauga I am assuming you are from Canada
Bullfrog 451

Mississauga

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »
Hi In Canada eh,

Yes I'm from Canada exactly Mississauga close to Toronto in Ontario.
You're saying that to operate these tubs will be around $1-$2 / month. Thats sounds very good. Isn't that $1 or $2 per day? and thats all year round or only the winter months?

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:44:01 am »
Hi Mississauga, Rochester here - just across the lake from you.  In Canada was remarking that all of the tubs on your list would have a monthly operating cost +/- a buck or two.  For example, $30/month operating costs, with a high of $32 and a low of $28 for all of those tubs, they're pretty close.  For what it's worth, I have a Hot Springs and it does great in the long winters, but so will Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, Arctic, etc.  As mentioned, local dealer support is critical.  Here's your local Jacuzzi dealer, the J400 series is nice: http://www.gibsanpools.com/retail.php  Local Hot Springs dealer: http://www.pioneerfamilypools.ca/_pages/spas-hot-tubs/spa.php 

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:39:53 am »
In Canada, we will gladly hand over Florida, but you must learn to speak the language first... ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 07:51:54 am »
In Canada, we will gladly hand over Florida, but you must learn to speak the language first... ;D

... and that would be?  ??? ;D Maybe by Canada taking over Florida they'll convert it over to French! The only other problem is that there are too many older and North Eastern people settled there ... parking lot tieups and attitudes will kill Canada's economy.  ::) Look what it did to ours!!! LOL!!!!!

About advice for the tub - in this economy I certainly would think about the future of the manufacturer. In the past I would not have mentioned it but I would want to have security in my future. With that said I would only consider the bigger players at this point - Caldera, Hotsprings (They are owned by the same company - Masco which is a huge company) and Sundance, Jacuzzi (they too are the same company). The possibility of a smaller manufacturer going out of business is a big and true concern.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:16:00 am »
Oh Vinny, just sold my MASCO stock...never did a thing for me..taking the loss and running!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

willow

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 08:46:00 am »
We live north of you in Barrie and looked at a lot of spas. We thought we wanted the optima till we wet tested it, was not a good fit for me and my husband did not like the blowers. The j365 jacuzzi was the perfect fit for our family,our kids are 11 and 13. The wet test is very important because we would have bought the wrong one for us with out it. You have to have a good feel for the dealer to, because your relationship does not end when you receive the tub.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:01:50 am »
Oh Vinny, just sold my MASCO stock...never did a thing for me..taking the loss and running!

Hey, I'm still in the red with most of my investments! I have most of my money tied up in stocks that I have owned for at least 2 years now and I can't wait to get rid of them!!! I don't want to take losses in everything I own and am waiting for the time that I see a little green and can say "I'm out of this".

Personally I don't think that these tubs "are the best" but I think these companies have enough employees to survive the 10000000000000000% job losses that will eventually take hold.

Just kidding ... it should be more like 25% job losses.

Mississauga

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »
After todays search on the internet I think I should add these two tubs to my list:

D1-AMORE BAY
D1-SARENA BAY

Is there any others that I should look for.
Any price suggestions?

firemedic

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »
I'd suggest you add a Jacuzzi J470 (or 480) to your list.  I love mine! 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 03:06:58 pm »
Check out the D1
the Amore Bay
the Sarena Bay
 these should also be in your list of spas...
check them out......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

just ducky

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »
....The wet test is very important because we would have bought the wrong one for us with out it. You have to have a good feel for the dealer to, because your relationship does not end when you receive the tub.

Very sound advice, and the same advice I got from many of the regulars here when we bought our first tub in March.  We also would've bought the wrong tub had we not wet tested them.  It was very obvious doing that which tubs, and which features in jets and seating, that we preferred. Sitting in a dry tub is not at all like sitting in a wet tub. So if you do nothing else, WET TEST...WET TEST...WET TEST.   And if a dealer tells you they don't have a particular model available to wet test (which we heard when we were searching), then tell them about the other dealers and models that your considering, and I'm betting they'll find you one to wet test  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:51:01 pm by just ducky »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42