What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: State Fair of Texas and News About Coleman Spas  (Read 8513 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
State Fair of Texas and News About Coleman Spas
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:47:09 pm »
Went to the Great State Fair of Texas yesterday.  Tried the much ballyhooed fried butter...utter and unmitigated disappointment.  I ordered the garlic flavored and received four little beignets in a box.  When I bit into the first one, I expected a satisfying burst of warm, velvety liquid butter to cascade forth but instead it was just a little dough ball with a hint of butter and garlic taste.  Overrated!

The fair was wonderful as always.  Only spa exhibitors I saw were the usuals: Morgan, CalSpa (Spa Warehouse), Aries, Jacuzzi, and some outfit called SpaCrest.  There used to be over a dozen exhibitors a few years ago with massive booths.  Everyone was scaled back except for the 2 local companies (Aries/Morgan).  The Jacuzzis were head and shoulders above the others as far as the curb appeal of the product, but Aries still has the nicest booth.  No one was busy at all.  There was no MasterSpa, Dimension 1, Caldera (Rec Warehouse), Home Depot, Hydropool, Sundance, Softtub, Superior Spas, Marquis or a couple of others I'd seen in the past.  It is very, very costly to participate at the fair (it lasts 3 weeks) and with the current economic climate, I reckon most did not feel they would receive a suitable return on their investment.  I'll try to post some pics later.

I just read a blurb from Spa Retailer magazine that the Coleman brand of spas is going to be revived by the makers of CalSpa.

It's raining like crazy here but business is picking up.  Take care, gotta run.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

State Fair of Texas and News About Coleman Spas
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:47:09 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: State Fair of Texas and News About Coleman Spas
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 02:39:56 pm »

I just read a blurb from Spa Retailer magazine that the Coleman brand of spas is going to be revived by the makers of CalSpa.

Hmm, I wonder if that'll end up in Costco since people who buy spas from Costco do so because they assume a certain quality due to it being Costci and I think that Coleman label would also give the perception of quality even though its just a name and has no real meaning behind it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »

Hmm, I wonder if that'll end up in Costco since people who buy spas from Costco do so because they assume a certain quality due to it being Costci and I think that Coleman label would also give the perception of quality even though its just a name and has no real meaning behind it.

I wouldn't doubt it.  When Tatum first won the line from Maax, I thought that a mass merchant was what they had in mind.  With Cal having experience with Costco, I would put the probability at at least 50/50.  How many Coleman dealers are left?

Peteyboy

• 1991 HotSpring Classic - Tech since 1987
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 05:48:39 pm »
I would think Costco would go for that name if they could do it.

Hey Terminator - I work with Jade - remember her?
spas are electrical devices and can be dangerous to repair - please use this advice at your own risk

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:04:49 am »
Hey Terminator - I work with Jade - remember her?

I surely do...she and I were in Top Gun together in 2005.  Had a great time with her in Palm Springs when we took the gondola to the top of the mountain!  I've got a pic somewhere I'll post later.

Term

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 12:47:18 pm »
Term you need a refund on rain days for what the Texas State Fair is charging you!

Basically it's been raining in Dallas for a month....is it ever going to stop?

I am sick of it....send it on to Portland or Seattle....Jezzzzzzz!

I'll be out there Saturday for the OU/TX game, but will be in a hurry because I have to attend the SMU/NAVY football game Sat evening....double-header day.....but where are you out at the Fair?....because I will most likely return before it ends.

Peteyboy

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:56 pm »

[/quote]

I surely do...she and I were in Top Gun together in 2005.  Had a great time with her in Palm Springs when we took the gondola to the top of the mountain!  I've got a pic somewhere I'll post later.

Term
[/quote]

I'll let her know.
spas are electrical devices and can be dangerous to repair - please use this advice at your own risk

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:26:03 am »
Zep, we are not exhibiting at the fair (it's not our territory and the local HS dealer quit doing the fair several years ago...too costly).  I just visit with my family every year and the day we went last week it was really nice (no rain).

Hope you have fun at the Texas/OU game!

Term

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 12:03:53 pm »
I was in Dallas last week and wanted to head over for a bit, but the weather was nasty the entire time I was there.  I was really looking forward to some fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  I guess I'll have to wait for the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Peteyboy

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 12:13:59 pm »
Fried chocolate chip cookie dough - hmmm, isn't that called a cookie?

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 01:20:27 pm »

You must be a Yankee as you do not understand. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 04:23:01 pm »

Now that deep fried butter has hit the market I'm wondering how long until someone comes up with deep fried lard?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 04:27:19 pm »
Pretty soon they'll just be ladling grease from the fryer into cups and selling it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 05:19:08 pm »
Peteyboy,

A cookie is baked, not fried.  They literally dip the dough in batter and deep fry it.  It is sooooo good. 

I saw a restaurant on The Food Network that is an English Pub in Brooklyn.  They are frying twinkies and they act like they invented it.  The gall of some people.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 05:19:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42