What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying A BULLFORG 251  (Read 10462 times)

southshore

Buying A BULLFORG 251
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:10 am »
My wife and I are strongly considering buying a Bullfrog 251 spa.  We have researched a few spas but this seems to be the most bang for our dollar.  The tub has led's, and sconce lighting  on the shell. The retailer is a service company known for its customer service.  My question is does 5,800 sound fair or should would be looking at other spas. We choose this spa for its size and price.

Hot Tub Forum

Buying A BULLFORG 251
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:10 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Buying A BULLFORG 251
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:37:19 pm »
Dimensions (W x L x H)      6'7" x 7'4" x 36" (2.01m x 2.24m x .91m)
Seating Capacity   5 Adults
JetPaks   2
Foot and Leg Jets   6
Jets Available   23
Jets Available (with Shower Jets)   Not Available
Water Capacity   265 Gallons (1,003 Liters)
Dry / Max Filled Weight (with Cover)   603 lbs. / 3588 lbs. (273 kg / 1628 kg)
Control Pad   Basic
Auxiliary Control Pad   Not Available
High Performance Industrial Pump(s)   One Dual-Speed 56-Frame
Total Pump Horsepower   Up to 4.0 HP Brake (2.0 HP Continuous)
Lighting   Underwater: Standard, Optional 28-Bulb LED
Filter Element (Top Accessible)   50 ft2 (4.65 m2)
WellSpring Heater™   1.4kW/5.5kW, Dual Overheat Protection
WellSpring Ozone Purification System   Optional
WellSpring Filtration pump   Not Available
Electrical Requirements   240V- 30/50A

We have had a couple of Bullfrog owners here, I haven't seen one myself.  The price seems reasonable.  5 people might be pushing it a bit. Looks comfortable for 3 maybe 4. 

Just a quick glance on my part.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

zroger73

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:04:05 pm »
The concept of the jetpacks is interesting, but I wonder how many people are REALLY going to mess with reconfiguring them in the real world. I personally feel that is more of a selling tool and introduces additional potential for leaks.

The usable space appears quite a bit less than my Sovereign despite similar overall dimensions. However, this could be an illusion based on a picture.

Personally, I would definitely want the [optional] ozone system. The [optional] multicolor lighting is more entertaining than a single color.

I'm curious how the warranty compares and if it has no-bypass filtration like a HotSpring.

I introduce these points because for a bit north of $2,000 more, you get the following in a HotSpring Sovereign, for example...

- Standard ozone
- Standard multi-color lighting
- Auxiliary control pad
- Additional capacity
- That NIFTY Moto-Massage DX jet
- 24-hour circulation (silent and don't have to run main jets periodically)
- No-bypass filtration

No, I don't sell HotSpring. I'm just a satisfied owner that did a lot of research before making my purchase. I don't mind spending money, but I refuse to waste it. :)
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19:42 pm »
While I can't comment on the price since I am not a dealer.  I can tell you that we have had our Bullfrog 451 for 3 1/2 years and absolutely love it.

Roger is right you will probably not be moving the jetpacks around all time after you find out what one you want in what seat. (I don't think you can do that with any other spa)

Roger are you impling that I wasted my money by not buying a Hot Spring? Are you sure you are not a dealer or connected to HS in some way?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 06:25:43 pm by In Canada eh »
Bullfrog 451

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:00:56 pm »
Canada so glad you replied!  I haven't seen a Bullfrog in person, but I think they have to be the most innovative spa out there. I have always been impressed with the jetpack idea. I am guessing that you never get tired of your spa because when you do, you can simply change the configuration...

It's pretty obvious from the many positive posts that Canada has made about his tub, you wouldn't be wasting your money buying a Bullfrog. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:26 pm »
Hi Boni!

I will agree with others that the jetpack is a marketing ploy but the beautiful thing about them,  is that we did not have to worry about seating arrangements and orientation to our backyard.  We just simply put our favourite jetpack in our favourite seat.  No sacrifice of view or having to stare at the fence because it was your favourite seat. We have talked about buying another jetpack (the Oscillator) but as of yet we haven't
Bullfrog 451

zroger73

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 08:14:16 am »
Roger are you impling that I wasted my money by not buying a Hot Spring? Are you sure you are not a dealer or connected to HS in some way?

No, I'm not implying that at all - I just saw the original poster asking about pricing on the BF, so I figured I'd make a quick comparison between the BF he/she is considering and the HS I own.

LOL! No, I currently am not nor have I ever been associated with HS in any way other than there is one sitting in my back yard.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 12:35:58 pm »
Zroger is a customer of mine.  He did more research than anyone I've ever dealt with in the 10 years I've worked here and he flat wore me out with questions.  He is an engineer by trade and was very, very thorough in his methodology.  I love customers like him that take the time to make an informed decision based upon value rather than low price.  I've got a 2008 internet spa on my deck someone traded in a few weeks ago...they paid $6,000 for this turd and now it is sitting outside my showroom and a HotSpring Envoy is in the gentleman's backyard.

Bullfrogs are good spas and the local dealer around here seems to take pretty good care of their customers.  Much better than some of the other folks around these parts.  There have now been 43 brands of spas that have come and gone in our market over the last 10 years leaving behind a lot of unhappy people needing parts, covers, filters, and service.  I send all of them to Dr. Spa at www.rhtubs.com and he takes good care of them.  Well, he takes care of the ones that don't just go ahead and trade their spas in on one of ours.

Heading to the State Fair of Texas next week...will report back on what I find!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

southshore

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 05:13:22 pm »
I just wanted to follow up.  Our hot tub was installed yesterday and so far so good.  We did go with bull frog 251 and for our family of 4 it seems to be fine. Thank everyone for your input.

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:59:23 pm »
Congrats on your new tub. If you get some extra time, take some pics and show off your new toy to us!! ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

In Canada eh

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 06:13:48 pm »
I just wanted to follow up.  Our hot tub was installed yesterday and so far so good.  We did go with bull frog 251 and for our family of 4 it seems to be fine. Thank everyone for your input.

Congrats on your new tub southshore, I know you will enjoy it
Bullfrog 451

drunnero

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:50 pm »

SouthShore, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 251. How are you liking your spa. Any feedback?

socal147

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 03:28:24 pm »
The concept of the jetpacks is interesting, but I wonder how many people are REALLY going to mess with reconfiguring them in the real world. I personally feel that is more of a selling tool and introduces additional potential for leaks.

How does this increase the potential for leaking? You are very wrong.
I own a 231. It is built better than any other spa I looked at. The limited number of shell penetrations is a comforting fact. The JetPaks limit shell penetrations thus limiting possible leaks. I have moved my JetPaks around and may move them again when I want a different spa experience.

socal147

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:41 pm »
Congratulations SouthShore. I know you will enjoy the BullFrog.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42