What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Door Panels  (Read 2136 times)

Im-A-Duck

Door Panels
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:39 pm »
Does anyone know where I can find the doors for a Caldera Martinique? I have a 2006 and I would like to replace the door panels, the wood glued to the inside of the doors have gotten wet and they are starting to rot. I tried to get the wood off of the panels and punched a hole in one side. That sucker was glued with some kind of gorrila glue. I am also looking for a new cover. I am looking at this site: /www.spacoverbuydirect.com, does anyone know any good or bad about this company? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Door Panels
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:39 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Door Panels
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:41:01 am »
They only use a 4mil vapor barrier. They use aluminum C-channel, unknown thickness (steel is stronger and steel of an equal gauge thickness is actually 15% thicker than aluminum). Their bottom material is mesh. The warranty seems good (as far as warranties go). Last time I looked there was no mention of the quality/type of vinyl they use. I do like their adjustable tie downs. Not sure where they come up with their claim of R-24 for their 6x4 cover.......maybe it's for a 4' round cover?

Personally I find their advertising rather deceptive. They talk about using an 8mil vapor barrier, but then during ordering tell you it's 2 layers of 4mil, and want an additional $29. They talk about their great drain and dry underside, but there's a $29 upcharge for that.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:11 pm »
Ducky,

Have you looked at covers from

www.Rhtubs.com ?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42