What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hydroquip DS2 controller  (Read 13266 times)

darrel

hydroquip DS2 controller
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:10:53 pm »
Hello all, I'm in desperate need of some kind of wiring diagram for an old hydroquip DS2. Someone has rewired it so that there is no low pump speed. There is no printed circuit board, only the following:
GFI, Thermal overload reset switch, Timer, Thermostat, Timer/Auto switch, Fuse, Two large dual contact relays, Three smaller dual contact relays, One air micro switch (for the light), and Three air micro switches (for the functions).

I have found that one of the smaller relays has one of the solenoid wires disconected....so that it cannot work.
Also found two wires from another smaller relay that has been connected together and covered with black tape.

I have contacted the manufacture about a wiring diagram but it's too old........1991!

Anybody please help. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

hydroquip DS2 controller
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:10:53 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: hydroquip DS2 controller
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 12:20:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I know we have some technical people who can provide some insight.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

fatcabjimmy

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:32:19 pm »
Hi Darrel,
  I also have the same problem. My son has a DS2 he just hooked up and it doesn't work. I've even talked to the Hydro Quip tech guy and he said he can't find a book or diagram on this unit! Someone, Somewhere has to have an original manual or other paperwork, but they evidently don't check this forrum :-(
                                  Fatcabjimmy

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:36 pm »
Your picture only shows the cover. There should be a silver label on the top right of the box that cover covers. Can you get a CLEAR READABLE picture of it ?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 02:37:39 pm »
Hello all, I'm in desperate need of some kind of wiring diagram for an old hydroquip DS2. Someone has rewired it so that there is no low pump speed. There is no printed circuit board, only the following:
GFI, Thermal overload reset switch, Timer, Thermostat, Timer/Auto switch, Fuse, Two large dual contact relays, Three smaller dual contact relays, One air micro switch (for the light), and Three air micro switches (for the functions).

I have found that one of the smaller relays has one of the solenoid wires disconected....so that it cannot work.
Also found two wires from another smaller relay that has been connected together and covered with black tape.

I have contacted the manufacture about a wiring diagram but it's too old........1991!

Anybody please help. Thanks

Sorry no diagram any good tech should able to figure it without a schematic though. I wish I was closer to you those are pretty simply systems.

I will add a word of caution, your control box look very rusted and a lot of the system use to box for the grounding. So if the box is rusted you may good a ground and they will create a dangerous situation.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

fatcabjimmy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:08 pm »
Dr. Spa, I'm assuming you can maybe help with a book or diagram if we give you more info?  The label on my Son's spa says...  Prod. HQ-2000,  Model B1DAA2C-0BB0AEA, Ser.# 920810054, Code 0ME01-9999-02, volts 120/240, Amps 16  28/40  1 phase.

Can you help with this info?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 05:41:48 pm »
So I'm going through some old manuals I have today trying to find something for an old JEM spa (no worries, no one's else remembers them either). I open a PDF manual for a JEM spa, and right there, very dfirst page, it says, HYDRO QUIP MODEL DS2

It explains the entire operation of the thing....heh heh heh, stupid manual, there's NO wiring diagram in it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

fatcabjimmy

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 05:10:41 am »
Dr. Spa,  Even just the operating instructions would be a big help. He has absolutely nothing to tell him how it operates at all. I sent you a PM with contact info if you would be so kind as to consider sending what info you do have. We don't need all the usual disclaimers, safety warnings, etc. etc., just how to make the thing work :-)

tstreets

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »
I know this is an old topic but I have the wiring diagram and manual for this unit.  I just got a hot tub with this spa pack. Since I couldn't attach the manual here I posted it on my website, I've added the wiring diagrams in the last two pages.  Good Luck with your tinkering, mine works great now.

http://www.coupleslist.com/Hydroquip_DS2_Manual_Wiring.pdf
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:51:46 am by tstreets »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42