What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Piper glen vs. Jacuzzi 470/480  (Read 10404 times)

slash007

Re: Piper glen vs. Jacuzzi 470/480
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:05 pm »
I went with the chestnut cabinet and platinum inside.  I'm guessing that there is no way that I would be able to switch control panels at a later date?  Any idea on when they might be off of backorder?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:05 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 12:12:54 am »
Funny thing is that I never use the floating remote and I very seldom use the stereo. My children are grown and we have some very good talks when they come over to use the tub. Also when I tub alone I like the sound of the waterfall over the sound of the stereo. On the other hand there is something magical about hearing the Moody Blues under a full moon.

Congratulations and may you enjoy your future wet dreams.

Scott  8-)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:18:03 am by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

slash007

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
I just had my tub delivered on 6-29 and it is everything that I expected and more.  I am very glad that I ended up with the 470 over the 480 as I love having the extra room.  Also the ipod stereo is superb and I cannot imagine not having it.  It is very nice to have soothing music while you soak and the speakers keep the sound in the tub as to not bother the neighbors, so it is great.  Thanks to everyone who helped me in this decision.

Jeanessa

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 12:14:21 am »
Greetings,

Congratualations on your purchase!

I now am considering the purchase of a 470 and am wondering how it affected your utility bill?  I live in Northern California.  Please advise.

firemedic

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:03:35 pm »
I've had my J470 for 3 weeks and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!   ;D    It's too soon for me to comment on the hydro...

Jeanessa

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 05:56:31 pm »
Hi Firemedic,

Sounds great!  I've wet tested the Hotsprings, Jaccuzi, Sundance and D1.  The Jacuzzi 470 has my greatest interest.   Where do you live?  I live in Northern California and am currently on the 1st tier of KW usage.  Although, that will change when I finally pull the trigger.

In terms of my sales people.  I've ask 2 different Jacuzzi sales guys to provide me with 3 referrals, and they have not gotten back to me.    Whats up with that?

Anyone out there have referrals for an Electrians in the bayarea that have experience setting up power for the Jacuzzi 470.

firemedic

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 08:59:39 pm »
Hi Jeanessa,
I'm in Canada!!  I can't imagine the tub having a huge impact on your hydro.  I've had a spa for 14 years, having just upgraded to the J470.  Certainly the insulation is much better now so I don't expect a significant change in my bills, even though this is a much larger tub.  Up here, the dealer guarantees that it will not cost any 400 Series Jacuzzi more than $240 per year ($20 per month averaged) to operate in our climate.  We're in freezing temperatures from November to mid April at least.  Right now its right around 32F.  Anyway, I wouldn't be afraid of it, in my opinion it's well worth the investment, you're worth it!!

I spent almost a year looking around, partly because I already had a tub so I wasn't in a super rush.  My choices locally were Jacuzzi, Sundance, Master, Arctic, Artesian, Beachcomber and a few other smaller brands.  What did it for me was the dealer.  My Jacuzzi dealer is awesome.  When I bought, I actually preferred the Sundance Optima but went with the 470 because of the great dealer.  (Price was slightly better too).  But, now that I've had the Jacuzzi, I think I made a better decision on the tub too.  I'm liking (ok loving it!!) more everyday.  At first, the foot jets seemed a bit on the weak side, but now I realized I can increase the pressure with the diverter, etc.  So I'm still learning something with every soak.  It's fun!  The Jacuzzi, in my opinion is "prettier".  I didn't think the raised back on the tub was a big deal either, but having now had it, it's really great!  It's great sitting there with just the waterfall on, great sounds of running water without the pump noise.  My only disappointment I'd have to say is the stereo.  Don't get me wrong, quality of the sound is great.  But I think the Sundance has better speaker locations.  They have two small speakers in each corner seat.  Jacuzzi has 1 speaker in each corner seat.  So to get stereo sound, sitting in one of the middle seats is best (like under the waterfall).  But it's not a deal breaker for sure.  It's not a bad system, just a slight edge to Sundance on that.  

For pricing, if you're looking for a great deal (and who isn't!) ask your dealer if they buy "red tags" from Jacuzzi.  A red tag is a discounted tub because of minor cosmetic blemishes.  Mine apparently has a small imperfection in the acrylic behind the tub (behind the waterfall)  I haven't been able to find it. I asked the dealer, and he couldn't find it either.  It still comes with full warranty, no exceptions.  I saved $2600 on it.  The only thing you loose is the ability to pick your color choices.

As for references, you're on the right track...make sure to check into the dealer itself.  When you're at the dealer, if people come in for water testing, talk to them.  Ask them how the service has been.  Check the BBB too.  The dealer shouldn't have a problem giving you references.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:01:31 pm by firemedic »

Jeanessa

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »
Wow!  Thanks firemedic.

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger.

Best Regards,
Jeanessa

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42