What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Add me to the new owner list  (Read 4847 times)

Jim1

Add me to the new owner list
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:42 pm »
Hello from South Louisiana.

I work in the heavy/civil/refinery construction/petro chem business.

I ride a 2007 Harley Street Glide, after many years on an old Dyna LowRider.

Decided to get me an "island oasis" at home, so shopped for this thing for about a year.

Built an outdoor bar, poured plenty of concrete, built a sunroom, and bought a 2009 HotSprings Vanguard today.....well, actually ordered it a bit back, but paid for it today, and it'll be delivered Monday......

PARTY TIME!!!

Peace!

Hot Tub Forum

Add me to the new owner list
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:42 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Add me to the new owner list
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:54:28 pm »
Congrats!  You are getting the new upgraded version?   :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jim1

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:31:40 am »
Yes sir.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:42:22 am »
Congradulations, That is a great tub, I admire it everytime I go into the HS store. Welcome to the forum.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 09:52:19 am »
Congrats!  What part of Louisiana are you in?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

atom12

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:16 am »
Great tub! Ours (09 Vanguard) is about a month old and we love it. Still getting the hang of the chemicals though. We find it runs one degree more than the set temp. Balancing the chems is easy but we struggle to maintain enough cholrine. We are using it daily and add a capfull after each use.  I love the cooldown seat you can easily fit two on it.
Enjoy!

Jim1

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:15 am »
Congrats!  What part of Louisiana are you in?

Right out of Baton Rouge.

I ride over in Kerrville-San Antone-Bandera area with a bunch of wild Texans.... :D

We ride the 3 Twisted Sisters....FM 335, 336, and 337......all of the time......stay at the Y.O. Resort in Kerrville.......

zroger73

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:34:45 pm »
Great tub! Ours (09 Vanguard) is about a month old and we love it. Still getting the hang of the chemicals though. We find it runs one degree more than the set temp. Balancing the chems is easy but we struggle to maintain enough cholrine. We are using it daily and add a capfull after each use.  I love the cooldown seat you can easily fit two on it.
Enjoy!

One degree is certainly within the specification of most RTD temperature sensors. When was the last time your thermometer was calibrated? It might be a degree off! :D How much is a "cap full" of chlorine? If it's only a teaspoon, then that's not enough chlorine for multiple bathers. Also, you'll likely find the tub uses up less chlorine after your first water change.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 06:27:20 pm »
You must have bought from Leisure Living in Gonzales, then.  Good people.  Good dealer who will support you well.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jim1

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:46 pm »
You must have bought from Leisure Living in Gonzales, then.  Good people.  Good dealer who will support you well.

Yep.....they are within 5 miles of me.........and the sales girl has HUGE boobs...... :D :D :D

Naw, I did my homework, and am pretty damn sure I made the right choice......I am a little anal that way, being a licensed engineer, AND spending my hard earned money..... ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 09:57:09 am »
your an Engineer. Mentioning boobs and anal in the same message I was going to guess plastic surgeon  ;D

Regarding the temp.  My tub will run the heater until the temp reaches 1 degree above the set point and won't turn it on until it gets one degree below.  Also, since my tub doesn't have a circulation pump, it does filtering by running pump 1.  In the summer its not unusual to see the temp a degree above the set.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 07:30:12 pm »

Yep.....they are within 5 miles of me.........and the sales girl has HUGE boobs...... :D :D :D

Naw, I did my homework, and am pretty damn sure I made the right choice......I am a little anal that way, being a licensed engineer, AND spending my hard earned money..... ;)

Probably Robert's daughter.  Not sure if she works there anymore, but she used to.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 02:39:13 am »
Hello from South Louisiana.

I work in the heavy/civil/refinery construction/petro chem business.
Peace!

Congrats on the new spa. When I first read your post I thought maybe it was a joke. Ever hear of a company called Flowserve? I used to work for them and we had lots of business in your area.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 02:39:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42