What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-375 vs. HS Envoy  (Read 4371 times)

mennisdiller

J-375 vs. HS Envoy
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:08 pm »
Good morning everyone,

I've been trying to do as much research as I can and a little more help would be well...helpful.  I think I've narrowed my choices between the J-375 and the HS Envoy.  I've been quoted roughly $8,200 for each which includes the steps and cover lifter.

The things most important to me are the lounger and easy maintenance.

Does the pricing seem right?  Should I be asking for something else to come with it?  I know, like mattresses, everyone has their own preference, but are there more positives or negatives to one or the other that would make my decision a little easer?

Thank you in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

J-375 vs. HS Envoy
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:08 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: J-375 vs. HS Envoy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:02:26 pm »
 Both nice spa's have you tried either yet?    I like the lounge in the 375 and I am not a lounge type person.    Love the leg jets

mennisdiller

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:10:29 pm »
I've tried them both and I like them both equally.  That's what makes this so frustrating.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:16:32 pm »
 Well then as a Jacuzzi dealer I would say buy the J-375, its comfortable, to me it looks more roomy than the envoy.

Now if I were a Hotspring dealer, Id say buy the Envoy!   ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:29:50 pm »
Good morning everyone,

I've been trying to do as much research as I can and a little more help would be well...helpful.  I think I've narrowed my choices between the J-375 and the HS Envoy.  I've been quoted roughly $8,200 for each which includes the steps and cover lifter.

The things most important to me are the lounger and easy maintenance.

Does the pricing seem right?  Should I be asking for something else to come with it?  I know, like mattresses, everyone has their own preference, but are there more positives or negatives to one or the other that would make my decision a little easer?

Thank you in advance.

I won't comment on the pricing but what it includes matters as to what kind of deal you're getting. A cover will be standard and I assume delivery will be as well but beyond that see if the deal includes a lifter, steps, a subpanel, chemicals (at least a starter kit) and is you're in the negotiating mood you can always try to get them to throw in some store credit when you get close to an agreement but want them to sweeten the deal a bit (it never hurts to ask).

Both are very good spas so you'll find satisfied customers and dealers of both brands on this site. We always repeat how it is wise to use a wet test to help make your final decision but IMO that is especially true when the spas you're considering have lounges. Lounges take up considerable space in the spa and don't fit everyone alike so its smart to find that out in the showroom rather than in your back yard whether a particular lounge spa is right for you.

Beyond the spa itself I would definitely put some stock into how confident you feel with each dealer. You need then to be as helpful toward your needs after the sale as they are in the shopping period.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:31:55 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:56 pm »
Those are both great choices.

Here's how you decide.  Flip a coin with Heads for Hot Spring and Tails for Jacuzzi.  When you get the flip, if you feel a little bummed about the result, then you know you need to go to the other.  If you are happy, then just get that one.

If you've wet tested and like them equally, you won't go wrong in your choice.  If you have vetted both dealers and feel good about them both, then you won't go wrong.  The dealer is very important in your decision.

Good luck and let us know the decision.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mennisdiller

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:35 pm »
I like the coin toss test.  Just gotta make sure there's a heads and a tails.

The dealer sells both....so it's really about the tub as I like the dealer.

Mat7

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 03:17:01 pm »
Hi we were in the same situation, Jacuzi or Hotsprings (two different dealers for us) - we went with the Envoy mainly because it was a better deal for us and it did seem just a tiny bit better quality. - we love it. But I got to say there was nothing in it had the Jacuzi dealer been prepaired to "deal" a little more then we would have gone with him.

Cheers
Matt  :)
Give a man a match and heŽll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and heŽll be warm for the rest of his life.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
Well I'm bias of course because I own a Jacuzzi. But you have picked two of the best brands in the industry IMHO. I talked to a service tech here in Las Vegas last month and he said that his favorite brands are #1 Sundance and #2 Jacuzzi because of quality. I asked about HS and he said they are great also but he still would choose a Jacuzzi with his 25 years repairing all brands. It comes down to what feels the best when you wet test them.

Good Luck
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
Well I'm bias of course because I own a Jacuzzi. But you have picked two of the best brands in the industry IMHO. I talked to a service tech here in Las Vegas last month and he said that his favorite brands are #1 Sundance and #2 Jacuzzi because of quality. I asked about HS and he said they are great also but he still would choose a Jacuzzi with his 25 years repairing all brands. It comes down to what feels the best when you wet test them.

Good Luck
Scott  8-)

Funny because a spa repair guy I am friends with in Houston says Hot Spring is his number one spa for quality.  However, he loves Sunbelt because he makes so much money off them because of all the repairs.

It is an opinion of these guys just like ours.  Both brands are very good brands.  There was a time I thought Jacuzzi was going to go away, but they really stepped it up years back and are right there at the top with some of the others.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42