What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals for Bengal Hot Tub  (Read 1700 times)

Ben

Chemicals for Bengal Hot Tub
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:38:35 pm »
I have owned the Tiger River Bengal tub for about a year.  I have tried to follow all the book and dealers instructions about water care.  Here is my question - How important is it to keep buying the cartridge of silver that go in to the core of the filter.  My dealer is 30 miles away and I never go in that direction. I put more chlorine in than called for to make up for the lack of silver.  If it is important any ideas where they can be purchased on line - hopefully at a discount.

Hot Tub Forum

Chemicals for Bengal Hot Tub
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:38:35 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Chemicals for Bengal Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:41 pm »
The most important item to sanitize the tub is sanitizer!

The silver cartridge whether Nature 2 or the Frog is a suppliment to the sanitizer.

Personally I don't use a silver cartridge in my tub, just use chlorine. If you add chlorine and it reads 3 PPM 20 minutes later - you've done good. Adding more gives an extra protection to the water that doesn't hurt anything. My belief is I can buy 5 lbs of chlorine for the price of 1 cartridge so I buy the chlorine and it lasts more than the 3 to 4 months that the cartridge would.

You really don't need any cartridge.

Spalady

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:17 pm »
The less you want to soak in chemicals, the more important the AG+ cartridge becomes. My customers can tell the difference and think they are well worth buying so the water is less like soaking in chemicals and more like fresh water. You can send me a pm if you want to have the cartridge shipped to you.
We send them out with no extra charge for shipping.
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42