What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Draining a Tiger River Caspian spa  (Read 7281 times)

Hummergal

Draining a Tiger River Caspian spa
« on: March 29, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »
I don't have a underwater pump so all I've got is a garden hose!!  I hook that up to the main drain valve, turn the knob, and it should drain.  Is this correct?  How long will it take to drain?  Thx

Hot Tub Forum

Draining a Tiger River Caspian spa
« on: March 29, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Draining a Tiger River Caspian spa
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:11:39 pm »
You have the correct procedure.  It will take several hours to drain.  There is a second drain also if you want to double the speed.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hummergal

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:57:13 am »
Does it matter what the temp is outside when you drain it??  It's currently in the 20's and snowing!!!   >:( >:(   I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you shouldn't drain if the temp is below 45.
Thx

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »
I learned a trick from my repair man that came to replace a bad pump on my Caldera Moorea. Get a few feet of sump pump hose or use some shop vac hose. Start the siphon by using one of your jet pump outlets, once it starts draining, stop pumps, turn off your breakers and it'll drain in 15 to 30 minutes! Just don't loose the siphon or you're back to the garden hose. I've drained and filled in cold weather but I fill via my hot water tank and outside source so that I do not have to worry about freezing. Last time I did this, drained, cleaned, filled and 104 degree water in less than 6 hours! ::)

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »
thats a great tip with the jet nozzle.  that method offers the added bonus of using the sucking end of the hose to vacuum debris out of the tub.  this works especially well on sand for all you coastal dwellers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42