What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2008 Sundance Majesta FLO message  (Read 6164 times)

michiganwinter

2008 Sundance Majesta FLO message
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:44:35 am »
Hello,

I have read the manual and it appears this means the heater is disabled and I need to call a repair person; however I am curious if there is anything that I can do before that that might mitigate the problem?  The tub is 4 months old and I am about ready to drain and refill and have a new filter and Nature2 cartridge ready, so wonder if this is the time to change it or if I should wait for a repair person.  For health reasons I really don't want to be without the tub for more than a couple of days.

FTR, I am very UNhandy

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hot Tub Forum

2008 Sundance Majesta FLO message
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:44:35 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: 2008 Sundance Majesta FLO message
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 09:42:14 am »
It has been a while since I have read the Sundance manual, so bear with me.

Do you have a throw a way filter?

If not have you cleaned it?

If filter is clogged, it might create a flow issue for the filter.  If no debris in the tub, try removing filter, shut down the power for a minute and power up again.  See what that does and let us know.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

michiganwinter

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:50:47 pm »
Thanks Dan, the current filter is the original throw away. I have a new one ready; the type that you can clean and reuse. I'll do what you suggest and see if that helps. The water is still heating so the comment in the manual about the heater being disabled may not be what this is all about. Will post later once I have had a chance to try this. Thanks!

michiganwinter

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 03:31:33 pm »
That did the trick, thanks so much. I changed the filter and the Nature2 pack and everything is working a-okay (or appears that way).  

One other question; the Sundance spas come with a throw away filter that they say cleans better than the reusable. The price on these are almost the same as the one that lasts two years (with cleanings). Does anyone have firsthand knowledge on whether the difference is palpable? It seems that the cost of replacing a filter every 4-6 months is rather steep at close to $100 each time.

Thanks again!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 04:50:44 pm »
Glad an old Hot Spring guy could help a Sundance owner. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

clover

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 05:29:16 pm »
That did the trick, thanks so much. I changed the filter and the Nature2 pack and everything is working a-okay (or appears that way).  

One other question; the Sundance spas come with a throw away filter that they say cleans better than the reusable. The price on these are almost the same as the one that lasts two years (with cleanings). Does anyone have firsthand knowledge on whether the difference is palpable? It seems that the cost of replacing a filter every 4-6 months is rather steep at close to $100 each time.

Thanks again!
Get the pleated filter.  Have you any idea the stress your circulation pump is under when you deny adequate water flow, as in this case.  The Micro clean should be changed, "they say" every 3 months, but the key here is how much dirt it has accumulated which is then restricting the suction and shortening the life of the circulation pump.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:29:58 pm by clover »
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:24:40 am »
Get the pleated filter.  Have you any idea the stress your circulation pump is under when you deny adequate water flow, as in this case.  The Micro clean should be changed, "they say" every 3 months, but the key here is how much dirt it has accumulated which is then restricting the suction and shortening the life of the circulation pump.

The newest Microclean filters are supposed to last 2 full water changes.  The old ~$15 microcleans were every 3-4 months.  You will know when the circulation pump is being taxed when the FLO error appears, so wearing out the circulation pump because of bad flow is really not a concern.  

michiganwinter

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:19 pm »
Thanks, stupid question: the pleated filter, is that the replacement or the Sundance filter?  I ordered another of the Sundance filters to have on hand when the next change is needed (then I can wash out the other since it is reusable).  The water quality improved drastically upon change.

Another question: there is the pad underneath the filter that I read needs to be cleaned (wasn't part of the demonstration and didn't notice that). I haven't done that yet as I am a bit leery of not being able to get that back on. Is it easy to get back on? Anything to watch for when I do? And I take it that you have to turn the tub off at the breaker, are there issues when starting it back up? I can't get to the tub from the side, have to get in it to change the filter (butts up against the house where the filter is).

Thanks again!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 01:42:34 pm »
The pleated one would be a replacement.  They actually have a new filter that has a pleated outside and the microclean inside.  

The pad underneath the filter is to keep dirt out of that suction.  It usually gets sucked into the circulation pump when people remove their filter and try to run the pump without the filter.  Most of the time, people just throw them away rather than deal with them.  If you want to take it off and clean it, it is pretty easy to put back on.  

It is always a good idea to shut the tub off at the breaker when you deal with the filter.  There should be no issues starting it back up as your circulation pump is fairly large in size and will blow out any air in the lines within a few seconds.  

michiganwinter

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:54:18 pm »
thanks so much! I didn't know you could buy those pads since the manual didn't talk about replacement. Seems an easier route.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:54:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42