What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard ?  (Read 3068 times)

atom12

HS Vanguard ?
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:34 am »
Hi everyone!
I posted this in the H.S. new features and I think it got lost in the shuffle. So I will ask this in it's own thread.

My wife and I wet tested and loved the HS Vanguard. The local dealer who is in SE MA seemed great. No pressure/didn't knock other hot tubs/really easy going/knowledgeable. This is our kind of salesman. He has a 08 brand new Vanguard that he is offering to us for $8400 no sales tax(5%).  

Includes Tub, cover with lifter, chemical start  kit,hose filter, and set up. Set up does not include electric install, but the box needed for install.

The dealer wants $150 for the steps and I think my handy buddy will build me a set for free.(really a soak for steps exchange)

My main question is twofold.
1. Is this a fair price?
2. Are the features on the 09 Vanguard worth considering and how much more will it be than the 08?

Thanks You East Tex Spa for the great vid clip and online brochure.

Thanks in advance to all those that post a reply. 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard ?
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:34 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: HS Vanguard ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:59:14 am »
Pricing is right in line with what we are doing.  We are selling '09s for @ $1000 more.

From a user perspective, the two main differences are the lighting and the controls.  I have to say, both a pretty cool.  However, only you can determine if they are worth $1000.

Had a customer yesterday who thinks it is.   ;)

Curious what your dealer is charging for the '09.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

atom12

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:42:14 am »
Pricing is right in line with what we are doing.  We are selling '09s for @ $1000 more.

From a user perspective, the two main differences are the lighting and the controls.  I have to say, both a pretty cool.  However, only you can determine if they are worth $1000.

Had a customer yesterday who thinks it is.   ;)

Curious what your dealer is charging for the '09.

Thanks for the info Dan!
Because we were unaware of the 09 changes we never aked about pricing.

The 09 feature that is interesting to me is the interior changes. Have you ever seen a HS tub rust out?

The 08 is a strecht for us so I think we will pass on these mainly cosmetic upgrades. Soaking in the dark it will be very unlikely that we will notice most of the 09 changes.

I wish hot tubs were sold at a fixed price without the haggle factor. I think people would be more trusting of sales people and focus on the service if that was the case. JMHO

Spalady

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »
I agree this is a very good price, especially since the spa includes a lot of accessories that would be extra.
As to set pricing- we have done that in the past as that was what we wanted too. You would be amazed at how many customers still wanted to haggle! They insisted we should be able to 'do better' than our everyday price. It was so difficult for us.
Also, sometimes the manufacturer makes it easier to offer better pricing, or a customer wants a variation which can cost more or less than other variations.

And, we have incentives to move models when the new ones are coming out, which works to the shoppers advantage. Vanguard is a great spa whether you get the newest version or not. You will still have a high quality soak!
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

atom12

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 02:46:17 pm »
Thanks Spalady!
I'm sure that a large # of people love to haggle, and if the hot tub industry every went to to strict MSRP people would still want a discount.

Anyone own or care to comment on the Limelight tubs? I am suprised with all the Watkins talk not all that much chater around that line. Pros Cons?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:16:26 am »
Regarding the Limelight, here is a quick list of features which are in addition to those on HS tubs -

More powerful jet system
Cool lighting system
Waterfall
Stereo can be added
Toggle jets - change from straight to a variable amount of spin easily
More aggressive styling

I have only sold a few at this point, but the things I listed above seem to have been what swung the decision. I suppose that being a close relative of the HotSpring family helped, but I am only making that assumption based on the fact that the folks were in my store and familiar with HS by time they settled on the Limelight series.

The siding is different than the HS - not backed by solid foam/wood framing, but with care that has not become an issue on the ones I have sold, nor have I heard reports form other dealers. We have priced these tubs lower than HS, but not all dealers do so. They are a fine line of tubs, with features that people have been asking us for over the years.

HTH

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Raegor

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:58:57 am »
Chas,

I had a Vanguard question that I asked in email since I can't pm yet.

Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 01:58:01 pm »
Gotcha Kevin.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 01:58:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42