What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator on a HS Grandee...how important?  (Read 4776 times)

just ducky

Ozonator on a HS Grandee...how important?
« on: March 13, 2009, 04:22:04 pm »
I have been offered a great deal on 2 year old (but new) HS Grandee, but it didn't have an ozonator standard.  So my question is, how important is an ozonator?  I know what they do, but honestly is it that important.  Important enough to pay some pretty significant $$$ to add one?  Looking for pros and cons, and I need it quickly...I have to make a decision within a day or so. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator on a HS Grandee...how important?
« on: March 13, 2009, 04:22:04 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Ozonator on a HS Grandee...how important?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:25:03 pm »
Ducky,

A couple of questions.

Is this a "Classic" Grandee, white with tile?

Did you get the serial number?

Everyone has an opinion on ozone.  It should not add any more than $400 to the purchase price.  You can add one later.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

coolbreeze

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »
i think they work , i use less chemicals
i think around $300 you can do it yourself in about 30 mins.
and in give that fresh  just raind smell to water

just ducky

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:32:03 pm »
No to both your questions.  I have a picture of it, and there's no tile.  And it's the blue speckle, kind of granite looking blue.  Just looking at the total cost if I do or do not add one.  Yeah, I can do it now or later, but it's at the dealer's warehouse, so I'd probably just do it now or I probably never would...you know how that goes.  

By the way Dan, I tried to PM you this question, but it came back with an error.  Anyway, I appreciate any input you have.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:33:18 pm »
My tub is 5 years old so I assume the ozonator isn't working.  I've never been motivated to try and change it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

just ducky

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 04:39:30 pm »
i think they work , i use less chemicals
i think around $300 you can do it yourself in about 30 mins.
and in give that fresh  just raind smell to water

Okay I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but how much work is involved in putting one on myself?  You make it sound too easy (and when that's the case, it normally isn't  ;))

coolbreeze

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 04:47:08 pm »
look here
http://www.spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/ozonator-installation.htm

looking for one of a hot springs  fresh water 3 picture
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 10:02:36 am by wmccall »

coolbreeze

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:24:59 pm by coolbreeze »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 04:53:43 pm »
Does it have Stainless Steel Jets?

Something sounds strange.  Hot Spring has come standard with ozone for several years.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »
I have been offered a great deal on 2 year old (but new) HS Grandee, but it didn't have an ozonator standard.  So my question is, how important is an ozonator?  I know what they do, but honestly is it that important.  Important enough to pay some pretty significant $$$ to add one?  Looking for pros and cons, and I need it quickly...I have to make a decision within a day or so. Thanks.

I think it is very wise to have one and I'd certainly sdo so but you can always go without and see what you think and add it later if you so choose. It is VERY easy to install as the spa will be "ozone" ready and it takes almost as much time to take the door off as it takes to install it. If you have trouble pulling the trigger now try to go without it and if you change your mind add it at the next fill date (though they may charge less to add it now and install free so ask that as well).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

just ducky

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:55 pm »
Does it have Stainless Steel Jets?

Something sounds strange.  Hot Spring has come standard with ozone for several years.

No they aren't.  From the pictures they appear to be the hard gray plastic.  So I'm assuming you're thinking this spa is older than they're telling me?  Can't get a picture to post here, but I could email you a picture if you pm me your email addy?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 07:26:18 pm »
Post the serial number and I'll tell you what year this tub was made - and which quarter of the year.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

just ducky

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 08:39:42 am »
Post the serial number and I'll tell you what year this tub was made - and which quarter of the year.

8-)

Thanks, but I don't have it.  Honestly, all I was looking for was advice on the onzonator, and I've got a better idea now.  Thanks.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 05:02:36 pm »

8-)

I would let Chas search on the serial number. I believe ozone was standard since 06'. Sounds like the dealer doesn't have his facts straight. Post a picture if you can....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

just ducky

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 09:39:53 am »
Thanks for all of the input guys, but it's a mute point now...the Grandee was sold, and not to me.  So that's fine...we're back to our two choices...one is a HS, and one is a Jacuzzi, and both have very comparable features.  We're doing yet another wet test later this morning, and will make the decision by the end of the day.  Either would be great for us.  We're really down to which dealer wants to make a sale more.  Thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 09:39:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42