What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Troubleshooting "LF" error message on Artesian  (Read 5059 times)

starsky

Troubleshooting "LF" error message on Artesian
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:33 pm »
I've had the Artesian Grand Bahama since July of 08 and its been flawless. I recently overfilled it and got a "LF" or Low Flow message. I pulled up the manual in the internet and tried to reset with no luck. In this mode the heater is off so my water is 68 Degrees instead of the balmy 100. I even flipped the breaker but I still get the LF message after a while. I put in a call to the dealer but they are closed today. Any experience with this?

Hot Tub Forum

Troubleshooting "LF" error message on Artesian
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:33 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Troubleshooting "LF" error message on Artesian
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:22:45 pm »
Are you absolutely, 100% certain your filters are clean?  Filters many times in both pools and spas keep a heater from turning on.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

starsky

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:35:49 pm »
You know, because I associated the timing of the error message with the overflowing of the tub, I neglected to consider the filters. They don't appear dirty, but no, I can't say they are absolutley clean. I'll clean them tomorrow.  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »
 Could be circ pump as well if you have one, I believe it was an option?   Remove the filter on the circ pump side, if there is a perforated stem looking thing sticking up you can unscrew it put your hand over the hole and see how much suction there is.  If not any could be a air lock or a failed circ pump?? Possibly fuse on circuit board.

starsky

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:36:14 pm »
I got a call from Frank at Austin Spas tonight. They are closed but he checked his messages and called to help me trouble shoot. He gave me steps to do in order to get it back running. Bottom line is the filter needs cleaning, but he also gave me the programing steps to get back on line. If that doesnt work I'll call him for the next step. It was nice of him to call and get me started on some fixes even before they were open.  :)

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:04:51 pm »
I got a call from Frank at Austin Spas tonight. They are closed but he checked his messages and called to help me trouble shoot. He gave me steps to do in order to get it back running. Bottom line is the filter needs cleaning, but he also gave me the programing steps to get back on line. If that doesnt work I'll call him for the next step. It was nice of him to call and get me started on some fixes even before they were open.  :)

A good dealer is worth his weight in gold.  Regardless of brand, a dealer can make life a breeze with your spa, or they can make it a nightmare.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

starsky

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:51:57 am »
Well none of the troubleshooting tips from the dealer worked. He is calling the manufacturer tomorrow to get any last minute tips before scheduling a service call..

starsky

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »
Seems to be a bad circuit board coupled with a too small circulation pump. The circuit board was replaced, the pump is on order. Hot tub is back up and running in the meantime..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:23:42 pm by starsky »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42