What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st major problem - need tech help!  (Read 3761 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
1st major problem - need tech help!
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:47:30 am »
Anyone know what an error code of "521" is on a Artesian spa with a Gecko controller is?

It's a 2005 Island series Grand Cayman. I went to add chlorine today, pressed pump #1, it came on for 1/2 a second, turned off and that error code came up.

Thanks for your help!

Vinny

PS: I want to add that the circ pump is running and the controller will let me adjust temp up & down but will not let me turn on the light. When I removed the  circ pump filter, I adjusted the ozone time to 0 time and the pump clicked on for 1/2 a second again (it turns on whenever you exit from that setting). I heard the tub turn on last night during it's purging cycle which it does 2x a day.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:09:21 am by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

1st major problem - need tech help!
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:47:30 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: 1st major problem - need tech help!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:10:27 am »
bump - anybody? :(

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:43:28 pm »
Common guys, Vinny helps everybody with their water issues...and anything else that they ask.  Gary, Spa tech... you guys must have some idea of what is going on here. :-?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:59:52 pm »
Thanks Boni!

I'm guessing everybody is off having fun.

I was going to open the cabinet up today since I had plans yesterday but it's raining outside and it's not like I know exactly what I'm looking at.

I turned off the tub and heard bubbling sounds (air escaping from the piping?) coming from the filter area, left it off for over an hour in case of an overheating problem and it still flashes 521.

The bubling has me perplexed as my circ pump is working and nothing should have gotten past the filter.

I guess a service call is going to be placed tomorrow!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:34:38 am »
Vinny,
I jsut happened to look at the forum and couldn't leave you hanging. My best guess is that your reading the control wrong or the breaker simply triping before the system is done with it's POR checks.

I would unplug the pumps and anything else that you can and reset the breaker to see if it helps. If it's tripping pretty fast it could also be the heater and you can open the box and dissconnect that to see if it will reset.

Here are common Geko codes...email me and I will walk you through this.

FLO : Pressure switch failure,  switch open
FLC : Pressure switch failure,  switch closed
Prr : Temp sensor failure
Prh : Hi-limit sensor failure
HL : Sensor measuring 119 degrees
FrE : Possible freeze condition detected
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:36:40 am by stuart »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 04:01:36 pm »
Thanks Stuart!

I called the dealer today and she never heard of the "521" error code. She said the "5" could be a "S" - which it could be but she said the "2" was probably a "N" But to me "2" doesn't look like a "N" or "n" so I am a little perplexed.

Thanks for the offer to walk me through this! Unfortunately with work I am working some strange hours this week and probably won't be able to troubleshoot the tub. I have service scheduled for Wednesday morning. Funny thing is I just bought filters from her and we were discussing how she is busy from repairs ... I jinks myself!

Thanks again!

Vinny

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »
 So I got a chance to call  Artesians service dept and talk to Bob, he has been there the longest since the Victorville days.

Anyway he has never heard of a 521 error code ever with any Gecko system, so whatever they find will be interesting!!     Good luck with that, I am guessing its your circuit board.

Sorry I couldn't help you.  :'(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 05:57:07 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim,

Thanks for calling Artesian!

I was thinking the board   :'( but hope it's not!  :-/ I haven't really used it this winter (actually haven't used it much even before that  :'( ) and since I was getting to the 4 year mark I ordered new filters and was just saying to myself how I REALLY should use it ... now that it's goning to cost me some money for the repair - I really better use it!!! ;D

Thanks again!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:38 pm »
That's why I thought you might be reading it wrong...My best guess is that it's an Sn1 error which is a sensor.

They used that format for a short period until Balboa sued them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42