What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a robe? or 6?  (Read 4907 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Need a robe? or 6?
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:32 am »
Ok, here's the deal. Select Comfort, the sleep number bed people, are offering His and Her Cozy Quilted Robes for $29.99 (normally $179.99) for a pair of 2 robes. Shipping is $6.95. HOWEVER, if you buy 3 sets you can save $50 with code which may be obtained at the link below ($50 off $100 or greater purchase).

Three sets at $30 each = $90 + $11 (shipping) - $50 = $51 for 3 sets (6 robes).

Robes are available here: http://www.selectcomfort.com/pillows_bedroom_bedding/productSet.cfm?Category_ID=241&SubCategoryID=528&sortOrder=&recordNum=7
Discount code is here : http://www.selectcomfort.com/customercenter/contactus/contact_coupon.cfm

I haven't a clue how long this deal be last.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:42:23 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Need a robe? or 6?
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:32 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Need a robe? or 6?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:59:47 am »
I'll let you know how they work out, our original robes when we bought our tub are almost 6 years old.  They will go well with our sleep number bed.

Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:07:20 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:01:06 am »
i read the small print, you must spend 100.00 before taxes and delivery.  So you need to buy 4 sets, but still a good deal, im calling now as I live in Canada.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:03:47 am »
ok just called, you cant use the cupon with this purchase as it is a clearance item.  They wont let you use it!!!  Shipping to Canada they said about 25.00US

Still a good deal, I may order a set

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:43:45 am »
Thanks for the lead Doc,
I am in NC yet they still charged taxes as well as the $6.95 shipping fee.  After all was said and done the price came to just under $40 so I ordered a set as our current robes are older.  I think there is also an inspection policy in the event that you don't like them, you may be able to ship them back.  Not really certain if that applies to the close out items like this though.  Either way, I did order a set and will come back and give everyone my feedback on them once they get here so that others can use that to help them decide.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:44:38 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:41:16 am »
This was the 1 review listed. Hope you read it before you ordered if you're a big guy.  ::)

One size NOT fit all!       Date: January 11, 2009
"We ordered this to use as a compliment to our sleep number bed. Unfortunately my husband who is 5'7 and 160 lbs had trouble fitting into the "his' robe. The size difference between his and hers is not much.

The material on the inside is fairly comfortable, but has a polyester feel to it. The outside is quilted. IT does keep you warm, but unless your husband is small, I would NOT recommend this robe."

8-) :D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 06:17:32 pm »
The robes came today.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 11:28:27 am »
Was the review accurate or is the "his" robe large enough?  :-?
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

ndabunka

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 03:30:32 pm »
I got mine today as well.  I am 5 foot 10 inches tall and weigh 195lbs.  The robe is PLENTY large enough for me (maybe the 160lb guy was 5-7 AROUND?).  Nice and soft inside and out (inside is super soft).  The wife thinks that white is a mistake (it will just get dirty).  My response was "It's a good thing that we bought the new washer and dryers (Samsung) that have the more expensive 'Steam Cycle' then"...  She just laughed.  For the price I think they were a bargain (even if they DO make me feel like a 200lb marshmallow)

PS - I spent 50% as much on the washer/dryer as I did on my Hot Tub. Man, have those things gotten EXPENSIVE!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:48:01 pm by ndabunka »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 04:12:42 pm »
One tip on the front load washer...either leave the door open or sanitize the gaskets daily. You will have a mold problem otherwise.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ndabunka

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 10:31:39 pm »
One tip on the front load washer...either leave the door open or sanitize the gaskets daily. You will have a mold problem otherwise.  ;)

Bonibelle - Thanks for the advice.  "She who must be obeyed" was already familiar with the issue.  We also had relatives who experienced the Maytag recalls so we stayed away from those.  Neighbors also who owned the newest models say that they haven't had any problems and some even claim that you don't have to leave the doors open with certain models but the wife does anyway as well as the area where the detergent goes in as well.  We have a fairly large laundry room that is also not in any traffic path so leaving it open isn't really a problem.  Ours have the silver ions in them that the mfg used to claim helped purify the wash (remind you of anything hot tub related?).  Someone cracked down on those claims saying that the findings were "in-conclusive" and now the controls for that cycle say "sanitize".

The old pair was 15 years old and still worked fine but we decided to donate them to a local animal shelter that put out a request for used washing machines which made the decision to replace them an easy one for us since others could also benefit.  

The robes are quilted on both the inside as well as the outside but there are two different materials with the inside being VERY soft and comfy and the outside looks a bit "slicker" so it should clean up OK.  I also noticed that the link no longer takes you to the listing for the robes so maybe they aren't available any longer?

Washer-Dryer with ag conditioning...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:49:36 pm by ndabunka »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:38 pm »
Great donation, ndabunka!  They must have been really thankful. I never even thought of the animal shelter. I got rid of a washer and dryer too, but sent them to the dump..they were also still working..I'll remember this next time...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42