What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any thoughts on this for a towel holder?  (Read 9641 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Any thoughts on this for a towel holder?
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:44 am »
Bringing this to the top because I was wondering anyone has anything similar and how much they use it. My spa is about 6 feet from my back door, but I usually run out, open the cover, run back grab the drinks and keep the towels in my mudroom on a little stool. We jump out of the tub, go in the house and grab the towels, wrap them around us and run back out to drop our wet suits on the deck. I know that sounds nuts, but that's what we do. This would hold the towels with the possiblity of keeping them relatively warm (if I put them in those insulated bags). I won't be paying that price though. http://www.parpools.com/page/Spa/A-B_Spa-Bar-Stools.html
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Any thoughts on this for a towel holder?
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:44 am »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: Any thoughts on this for a towel holder?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:25:15 pm »
I built a couple tables out of leftover Trex from my deck.  Have them alongside two sides of the tub to hold towels and drinks while we soak.  Same concept I guess.  I don't really care how warm the towels are when I get out because I'm ususally sweating.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
I sent a picture of this bar with my specificatons to school with my son today. He will draw it up in technical drafting class and make a material list. I am hoping to build it to surprise my husband when he gets home from a business trip.

Like you, Dax, I don't really need heated towels. This whole project evolved from that thread though.   ;)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »
I sent a picture of this bar with my specificatons to school with my son today. He will draw it up in technical drafting class and make a material list. I am hoping to build it to surprise my husband when he gets home from a business trip.

I actually used a picture and the specs from a Sundance brochure to build my tables.  I got a quote of $600 or something ridiculous like that.  And I think that was for only one table.  With the leftover lumber I had from my deck, I was able to build two.  Granted it's not the same material or color as my hot tub siding, but it does match the deck which is next to the tub.  Besides, the price was right....

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:13 pm »
Bonibelle, I have this same table and stools and like it.  It's about 18 months old (edit: actually 2 1/2 years...wow) and has held up fine.  The gray finish could stand a redo at this point, but I like the pull out towel racks.  Somehow I wound up with three stools.  Not sure how.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:26:24 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 08:20:53 pm »
Did you buy it on line Rich? I really didn't want to spend that much money and I thought it would be a cool project for my son and me to build. How does the towel rack slide into the bar? I have to figure out how to do that part since I can't see if from the picture.

Your's really looks great with your tub ..now I want it even more!! :)

Richs100

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:23:36 pm »
No, I bought it from my dealer as part of the package on my Envoy.  The slide-out towel bars are made from PVC pipe.  Nicely done, IMO.  If the weather is decent tomorrow, I'll pop out and take some pics for you of how it works.  Third winter outside and holding up nicely.  I use it a lot for both towels and as a place to put candles and stuff while in the tub.  I also ran a wire around the lower edge of the tub and up the inside of the table legs for low voltage "half dome" down-lights on each side and the middle.  It provides pretty good lighting for the patio at night and are essentially invisible during the day.

Here's a night shot showing the lighting:

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:54:55 pm »
thanks Rich..

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:30 pm »
My son drew a modified version of this table at school. He added a few fancy cuts and came up with a materials list. He has a great relationship with all the shop teachers, and they love this idea, so they are going to let him build it during his study halls next semester. I am so excited because it would definately be a challenge to build at home as I don't have the quality power tools that the school has!!!  They want to build it out of Trex or one of the synthetic wood products.  Has anyone used this stuff for a project like this with success? It will weigh as much as the tub ;D ;D

And Rich, when we all defrost, 8-) I would love that picture of the towel bar and how it works.  ;)

Richs100

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:01:49 am »
Sorry Boni.  It went right out of my head.  
Here are the pics I promised:  (ignore the muddauber's nest!)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:10:20 am »
Bonibelle.....I want Jennifer Aniston to be my "towel warmer"!   :'(

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 10:23:17 am »
They want to build it out of Trex or one of the synthetic wood products.  Has anyone used this stuff for a project like this with success? It will weigh as much as the tub ;D ;D

I'm wasting my breath talking to you.  Or in this case, wasting my finger tips typing to you.  :D ;D

To qoute my initial respsonse to this thread, "I built a couple tables out of leftover Trex from my deck."

They may be a little heavier than a table made of pressure treated, but they aren't overly large tables so the weight isn't that much of an issue.  I like that I don't have to worry about them and/or treat them every year or two.  They don't match the outside of my tub, but they do match the deck close by.  If I get a chance, I'll take a pic and post it.

As an aside, I'd prefer a Jessica Alba towel warmer, but a Jennifer Aniston one would do.   8-)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:51 am »
yeah dax...i'm sure jessica can warm a towel up too!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 12:04:25 pm »
OH Dax, I am sorry..I am really an airhead..just went right in one eye and out the other.. :-[
And I am even in worse than normal shape today after slaming a heavy store door on a little old man wearing a Giants hat and jacket..don't know what came over me ::)

Tell me, can I buy that stuff in 12 inch wide pieces? (or did you already tell me that?? :-/)

Rich thanks so much for the detailed pictures, they will really help. I am guessing that the screw in the PVC keeps it from slipping all the way out of the table, right?

Zep, I just want a towel HOLDER...........Dax and I have decided to keep my personal towel warmer in Europe until after the Super Bowl  ;)

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 12:17:09 pm »
yeah dax...i'm sure jessica can warm a towel up too!

Excellent pic!

Do you also have a towel warmer in the Scarlett Johanson variety?  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 12:17:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42