What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New tub suggestion  (Read 11139 times)

michiganwinter

New tub suggestion
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:43 am »
Long story, but I "may" be replacing my newly purchased Sundance Majesta. I'd love some recommendations based on the following needs:

• Small space tub (current 6'9" x 7'5" is perfect fit)

Foot jets extremely important
Calf jets wanted
Good quality tub with excellent warranty and service history wanted
[/list]

If anyone has suggestions, please post them. This tub is almost perfect, not quite. I am extremely disappointed with the dealership (to the point of filing a BBB complaint). >:(

Hot Tub Forum

New tub suggestion
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:41:43 am »

Water Boy

Re: New tub suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:49:41 am »
What happened Michiganwinter?? Is there any way to get the current problem/problems worked out still.?Sounds pretty serious if you are getting close to taking the spa back. Have you talked to Sundance at all about the issues? Hope things work out for you.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

michiganwinter

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:15 am »
Unfortunately the dealer and I are having trouble. They have a lot of guarantees, and one of them is to help with questions on water chemistry. Apparently helping is limited to 3 questions. Also, they have avoided a request to guarantee fixing the spa if Sundance goes under, finally saying they wouldn't when they thought my 30-day return policy was up (this waiting until they thought my return policy expired is what really upsets me). It wasn't, it is up tomorrow. I have already put in writing that I want to return the tub. I am livid at the treatment I have received after spending a boatload of money on a tub. I bought through them a) because they are local, b) because they stressed customer service as priority c) because I like the tub a lot.  I am very sad about the situation. No matter what the resolution I can't see dealing with this dealer again.

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:31:07 am »
MW,

I am sorry to hear that. It is too bad that you say that you love your tub, but that you want to return it. What if you return it and you are never as happy as you are now with the one you already have installed? Then you might forever regret that decision. I could have sworn you wanted to buy this tub because you loved your local dealer as he had been in biz for over 30 years.

The spa is warranted by Sundance, not by the dealer, so if Sundance were to go under(which I would be floored if this happened,) the warranty no longer exists. I don't know of any dealer that would put this in writing.

As far as water chemistry questions go, your dealer should be helping you with that. Be persistent and keep asking questions. There is no limit to questions with new customers on water chemistry. But, feel free to ask questions here too about your water as this place is a great resource for that.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

michiganwinter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:21:38 pm »
Thanks Beerman (and my private message), at this point I really don't know what to do. I have to make the decision to return the tub or not right away. That is if the company honors their written word or not...  I have been looking at other tubs and no one seems to have the smaller tub with the foot jets. As the foot jets are by far the most popular feature of the tub, I am kind of at a loss right now. I don't think I am an unreasonable purchaser. Maybe I am, but to me customer service wins or breaks deals every day, and to stay in business this long, they should be good at it. Maybe something is happening that makes them feel like they will be going out of business themselves and therefore are no longer customer service oriented, or maybe I am a beaactch...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:54:38 pm »
 Relax!!   Keep the spa, unless your just so pissed it doesn't matter at this point??     The only real fault I see is the lack of chemical help.   Sundance/Jacuzzi spa's are not going anywhere!!!  Your dealer on the other hand who knows??

Has your spa had any troubles at all??  Doesn't sound like it.   I know its not right the way they are treating you regarding chem help, but until your spa has a real problem for them to take care of I wouldn't sweat it.  Seek chem help elsewhere, like here or another store.

Have you talked to management/owner yet??

Please don't take what I said the wrong way, but I would give it a bit more time and bring some questions here regarding your chemical problem.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 01:17:59 pm »
See my PMs.

I sense there is more going on here than meets the eye.  Odds are Sundance is not going away.  If you do choose to return the spa, check out the Hot Spring Sovereign and Caldera Martinique.  Both are about the same size as your current spa and have great jets.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Kialda

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 01:19:51 pm »
I am sorry You are having trouble, But after that last post... I believe one of your previous comments hit the nail on the head. I believe you said.." or maybe I am a beaactch..."

Someone needs a nap..

michiganwinter

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 01:38:45 pm »
I am sorry You are having trouble, But after that last post... I believe one of your previous comments hit the nail on the head. I believe you said.." or maybe I am a beaactch..."

Someone needs a nap..

;D

Really, I paid 10K plus for the tub and within 3 days of buying it find information about Sundance in jeopardy (had researched it before here and felt more confident, then someone posts and new and scary link about the possible demise). If you had this much money just invested in a tub, what would you do?

Kialda

Re:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:40:59 pm »

let me see if I got this right... You purchased a spa because it fits your needs and you stated you were happy with both the spa and the dealership. You even said you loved the spa I believe.
  It is no surprise that you have water chemistry problems. I believe it is talked about often on this site with spa owners in the first 30 days. Most of the problems honestly are from customers using to much chemicals or simply paying to much attention to there spa, as well as new user heavy use. There are many ways to maintain a spa and many different chemicals. Stick with one system, Most of the problems I see are from people taking advice from to many cheifs and ending up using parts of 3 different systems. All would work but only if they are used seperatly.
   I believe they have been in contact with you and offered to test your water for free, and are trying to make it simple for you.
    So you buy your spa from them, they deliver the spa you bought and install it with all the accys and such as promised. Then you read a post on this forum by a Hot Springs salesman trying to slam Sundance by saying they may be going under and you get concerned. You now try to hold your dealer to a new contract after the fact that is just simply rediculous. Your pissed because you want to change the terms after the fact and want an addl warranty that was not discussed at the time of the purchase.
   Now due to a simple water quality issue in the first 30 days, and you trying to change the terms, You file a claim with the BBB, you rant on an open forum, You threaten to return your spa, you attempt to bait and gain support from others by making them think you could possible by a spa from them in the future.
     is there more??

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 01:44:26 pm »
 After reading your last post as well, you didn't need to delete it??

I think your gripe is a legitimate one regarding the chem issues, and no 3 questions are not a lot!!  Jeez I give people my home phone to call if they are having trouble when I am not here, but I don't believe it warrants returning the spa because of it.

The second is they have been in business a very long time by the sounds of it, so they must do something right?
I would think they would take care of you if you have a problem least one would hope.

Curious are there any other complaints with the BBB??  

michiganwinter

Re: Re:
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 01:47:38 pm »

let me see if I got this right... You purchased a spa because it fits your needs and you stated you were happy with both the spa and the dealership. You even said you loved the spa I believe.
  It is no surprise that you have water chemistry problems. I believe it is talked about often on this site with spa owners in the first 30 days. Most of the problems honestly are from customers using to much chemicals or simply paying to much attention to there spa, as well as new user heavy use. There are many ways to maintain a spa and many different chemicals. Stick with one system, Most of the problems I see are from people taking advice from to many cheifs and ending up using parts of 3 different systems. All would work but only if they are used seperatly.
   I believe they have been in contact with you and offered to test your water for free, and are trying to make it simple for you.
    So you buy your spa from them, they deliver the spa you bought and install it with all the accys and such as promised. Then you read a post on this forum by a Hot Springs salesman trying to slam Sundance by saying they may be going under and you get concerned. You now try to hold your dealer to a new contract after the fact that is just simply rediculous. Your pissed because you want to change the terms after the fact and want an addl warranty that was not discussed at the time of the purchase.
   Now due to a simple water quality issue in the first 30 days, and you trying to change the terms, You file a claim with the BBB, you rant on an open forum, You threaten to return your spa, you attempt to bait and gain support from others by making them think you could possible by a spa from them in the future.
     is there more??

I never tried to hold them to a new warranty, just honor the one they have. Want all the emails? Sounds like you are this dealer. If you are, you should have them?

michiganwinter

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:50:25 pm »
After reading your last post as well, you didn't need to delete it??

I think your gripe is a legitimate one regarding the chem issues, and no 3 questions are not a lot!!  Jeez I give people my home phone to call if they are having trouble when I am not here, but I don't believe it warrants returning the spa because of it.

The second is they have been in business a very long time by the sounds of it, so they must do something right?
I would think they would take care of you if you have a problem least one would hope.

Curious are there any other complaints with the BBB??  

Looks like 4 questions when I re-read.

There are no other complaints with the BBB. They were clean. I liked them, it was the reason I went with them. I have gotten really angry over the last email from the owner. The timing is strategic. I simply tried to get them to answer this question: "Can one of you please assure me in writing that either you will honor the 5-year parts and labor warranty if they go under or what my options are?"  It never got answered and the last email from them put in 10-years which I have no idea where it comes from since it isn't in any of my emails that I sent.

Kialda

Re: Re:
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 01:55:41 pm »

I never tried to hold them to a new warranty, just honor the one they have. Want all the emails? Sounds like you are this dealer. If you are, you should have them?

I am thousands of miles away from you, but the fact that you need to delete your posts shows me what type of person you are. I could read right thru this. There is always 2 sides and you have already shown to be unreasonable, excitable, and not completely truthfull.

michiganwinter

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 02:02:33 pm »
By the way, I am airing this precisely because I have waited almost 24 hours with no response (only to call) and my 30-days is up tomorrow, so I feel time is of the essence. I always keep an email chain because it is very easy to forget what is said as opposed to what is written.

The dealer was chosen because of being in business a long time and my feeling that they were really good. The breakdown happened when the owner finally responded about the warranty (thinking 10-years, not 5-years, from out of the blue - still only see a reference to the 10K I paid, not 10-year anything) when the comment was that I had it for 30-days already. The dealer has a 30-day no question return policy, so this is very concerning. I wrote back saying I needed everything in writing. They haven't written back, and yes, I have checked the spam folder.

I guess I am a bitch, but I spent a lot of money and I just wanted some simple assurance that they would take care of me, or at least tell me my options (in writing). Had they ever done this, before they thought my return was up, we never would have had any issues at all.

Kailda, you are right, I freaked out about the negative posting about Sundance, but I asked you the question, what would you have done, and you did not respond.

Thanks for the help everybody, in particular the PMs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 02:02:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42